how to change clutch/gearbox, rebuild gbox, uprated clutch

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,
My question is pretty dumb but I've recently changed the clutch kit and now can `t find the clutch hydraulic hose (too expensive at the dealer will be I think)). When I exchanged the old model of the clutch release bearing to a new- the old one have a "threaded connections" and new model have "insert lead connection"
Could you please help me in this matter.
Thanks

Hey Jacko,
Thanks for a great guide. I have just been using it for my change. I just want to add a little thing that I think was usefull.
I have read that a few have had a problem bleeding the clutch after the change or that it was nessecery to use a lot of fluid to do so.
Instead of clamping the hydraulik hose, I put it directly on to the the new slave cylinder.
When I had pulled the old one off the gearbox, I made a svamp between the new and the old. Then I screwed the new one on the gearbox. And when the gearbox was up in place again I made the swamp again with the hose. By doing it this way, the bleeding was as easy as bleeding the brake line.
I hope this can help a few people out there.

Latest posts

Back