I'm Huw, and I'm new!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huw_jenks

Hi folks, how's it going?

Recently bought myself a Y reg Puma from my mates mum. I'd always wanted a Puma so I couldn't resist for £200 and 80,000. I'm loving driving it, I've gone from original Mini's to an MG Metro and now to a Puma. It's just as much fun, but I'm enjoying having a fifth gear and being able to have a conversation above 40mph without shouting.

I'm going to be replacing and/or modifying a few bits in due course, starting with a decent air filter (why is there a strange plastic box inside the standard airbox?) and some cosmetic touches like new wheel centres and a new steering wheel. Then there's the rear arches which will need sorting at some point, either when they start being picked up on MOT or when they look too bad for me to bare any more.

So there will be lots of questions coming from me over the next few months! First time I've ever had a car with any sort of computer, or injectors, or airbags, or abs, or basically any technology that wasn't around in the 1950's. Any help or advice will always be appreciated!

Huw

"(why is there a strange plastic box inside the standard airbox?)"
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=4781

Welcome along, great choice of car after MG Metro :? :? not sure when I last saw one of those, seem to recall they were nippy with appalling steering and noisy engine/box

Enjoy the Puma, just as much fun as the Mini

Thanks for the warm welcome, I've been looking around the formum for a few days now and I think it's great! So much information! There seem to be a lot of people who know a lot about Pumas, and lots of FAQ's and How To.. threads which mean I won't have to ask too many stupid questions. Hopefully.

Back