Induction Kits??

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the bottom of this airbox still giving me hassles cant get it out! took off all the rubber clips but cant get at the bent air feed it shall be getting smashed tomorrow if i dont succeed!

car is a struggling a bit on start up after fitting induction kit could be lack of airflow, any1 ave same problem???

1st have you connect the airfilter to the back rubber inlet pipe or to the the airflow meter?
2nd have you checked the airflow meter connection, is it pushed in and secure at the connection plug?
changing airfilter will not change how the engine starts,so seems like you have installed it wrong or havnt reconnected the air flow meter...

Anyone have any photos showing the new filters fitted?

Just had a peek in the engine bay and spotted the 2 airflow sensors on the standard box so that'll be fun trying to get my Apollo on there, need inspiration! :p

Had a play with my Apollo before leaving work tonight.

1.4 TB
60mm ID
68-70mm OD

MAF Side 1
60mm ID
68-70mm OD

MAF Side 2
68mm ID
72mm OD

I'll get my calipers on them tomorrow to double check all the measurements again as I left them at home this morning.

Planning on getting a short straight silicone pipe from the TB -> MAF (about 100mm) and then a 22 deg or 45 deg pipe to locate the Apollo where the current airbox sits.

Sounded amazing with the Apollo on though, canny wait to get it fitted properly! :D

cone filter waste of time... but makes mean sooking noise other than that just suching in warm air.

Anyone else experienced problems with the airbox sensors / MAF sensor after replacing the standard box with an after-market filter?

Trying to find a fix for my power problem after installing the K&N. :(

i dropped mine thought i had broke the little filament thing inside, ave a check inside see if urs is snapped? other than that mine is slightly ropey on start-up sometimes.

ive had my k&n fitted virtually since ive had the car. however, me and my mate were testing the acceleration of each car against the other ( he has 1.7 puma too ) and hre seems to have the edge on me, especially from start. because of this i decided to experiment and put the standard box back in with a k&n panel. now ive not seen him since, so dont know how they would compare, but im sure that mine is now more responsive in lower revs. dont know about higher up. just seems to be much smoother to drive.

me and my mate were testing the acceleration of each car against the other ( he has 1.7 puma too ) and hre seems to have the edge on me, especially from start
Are they the same age puma, as don't forget that the torque limiter was changed twice in the puma's life, making the very early ones that little bit more responsive than the later ones.

ps, dont know if this has any bearing, but whith the k7n fitted mine is really loud. sounds like an aircraft!! the kit originally came off my mates old puma , and he says it was no where near as loud on his?? the only thing i can think is that i have a non genuine section of exhaust somewhere.

Out of curiosity, what does this sensor actually do?

Air intake temperature?

DSC_0009.jpg

batman said:
pumaspeed said:
The first mod i dit to my puma was a k&n 57i cone filter, it sounds wkd on induction and i then fitted a stainless steel custom made back box from longlife. So it sounds wkd front and back!
As for performance it was 58mph in 2nd gear before now with both mods its 63mph in 2nd and that brings my 0-60 time down because i can do it in 2 gears so dont have change again! Result! ;)
did you use a digital speedo how comes it so precise?

No, its from my sat nav which is obviously more correct than the standard speedo and digital so i get a precise mph. But as for the gains i was told its because i also got a sports clutch fitted and since then on full throttle from 1st to 2nd it will wheelspin when i change gear now.

The only thing that affects maximum in gear speeds in the lower gears is the gearing and the rev limiter.

Performance modifications will just mean that you get there quicker.

6,500rpm in 2nd will give a set speed regardless of engine modifications.

crispy1980 said:
ps, dont know if this has any bearing, but whith the k7n fitted mine is really loud. sounds like an aircraft!! the kit originally came off my mates old puma , and he says it was no where near as loud on his?? the only thing i can think is that i have a non genuine section of exhaust somewhere.

Mine sounded like that at first. But also had f all power higher up the revs. Found out it was a combination of a blocked exhaust and the cone filter not being seales properly

Back