Induction Kits??

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

u2gav

1.7 Puma
What induction kit would you guys recommend?
As per usual with all my requests I have limited budget and limited skills, so what gives you most bang for your buck and how hard are they to fit?

Thanks

FRP Airbox Mod- Theres a guide some were on here from Jacko, resonable cheap and very good results it seems.

Personally- I have the Pipercross Viper- Carbon edition- £255, fully inclodes with air feed mounted on the front lower gril, stealth style.

EDIT: Correction is was 3dunk

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=4781" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

u2gav said:
1.7 Puma
What induction kit would you guys recommend?
As per usual with all my requests I have limited budget and limited skills, so what gives you most bang for your buck and how hard are they to fit?

Thanks

Hi go to halfords they have lots of kits. also buy an induction hose .£40 all in ,easy to fit .

Get one with a heat sheild. Dont expect massive bhp improvements but you will get lovely indcuction noises .

Venom motorsports got some nice K&N ones, that's were I got mine from! That's the first thing I did to my puma and oh the sound is sooo good! Nice and easy to do, good instructions and no special tools £70 - £80 can't remember exactly!

Anyone fancy posting a utube video sound lmao? Also, the other thing thats stopping me from changing to a sportier filter or induction kit is my concern that: if more air is going in will that decrease fuel consumption (because more petrol being burned)? Just wondered as otherwise I will get it done :-D

I like noise and performance, just dont want my MPG destroyed or affected at the same time lol(i)

DAN-HN said:
I like noise and performance, just dont want my MPG destroyed or affected at the same time lol(i)

If you want noise then go for an induction kit. To be honest your not gonna see massive performance gains to which ever type of air filter you choose, be it a panel filter or cone.
It wont affect the MPG really, only thing that affects the MPG is putting your fot down harder on the pedal to hear the induction noise.

i fitted a K&N panel last week,makes a nice noise when put foot down in the 3000+ range, cnt say i noticed much if any difference in power though and fuel consumption seems to be exactly the same

you will most deffinately burn more petrol

i have had k&n 571i's on most my cars and noticed less miles of a full tank but its worth it

You will get a bit less mpg like you said coz more air=more fuel like you said. but it won't be much.

If you won't power gains you will get a better result by adding a sport exhaust and cat along with the induction kit.
Not much gain to have by forcing more air in if it can't come out just as quick. (and with another great sound).

batman said:
i have had k&n 571i's on most my cars and noticed less miles of a full tank but its worth it

So many to not realise they are actually called 57i's :p

I've not noticed a single difference in fuel consumption since i fitted one. Yeah on paper it should make the consumption go up, but it will be by such an insignificant amount its not worth mentioning :wink:

The first mod i dit to my puma was a k&n 57i cone filter, it sounds wkd on induction and i then fitted a stainless steel custom made back box from longlife. So it sounds wkd front and back!
As for performance it was 58mph in 2nd gear before now with both mods its 63mph in 2nd and that brings my 0-60 time down because i can do it in 2 gears so dont have change again! Result! ;)

pumaspeed said:
As for performance it was 58mph in 2nd gear before now with both mods its 63mph in 2nd and that brings my 0-60 time down because i can do it in 2 gears so dont have change again! Result! ;)

i dont understand this :roll: have you changed your gearbox or rev limiter?

I fitted a K&N cone filter to my puma a few weeks ago, and the sound is just great! I haven't noticed any less MPG or improved performance, but i wasn't really expecting any :)

kn cone filter is on order! but noticed there is an air flow sensor just behide the standard airbox is there any problems with that?

pumaspeed said:
The first mod i dit to my puma was a k&n 57i cone filter, it sounds wkd on induction and i then fitted a stainless steel custom made back box from longlife. So it sounds wkd front and back!
did you use a digital speedo how comes it so precise?

just fitted my kn but left the bottom half of the air box in is it worht the extra 10mins ripping it out?

Back