Leaking Screen wash - Easy fix ?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whunt18885

My puma's (V Reg 1.4) screenwash light keeps coming on, I topped up but about 60 mins later it came on again. So I filled up again at home and sure enough I noticed a fairly fast constant dripping coming from under the car just behind the front driver's wheel.

I suspect the pipework of the reservoir or maybe the reservoir itself has a fairly sizeable leak.

I am not exactly a car mechanic but I am quite practical and by trade build bicycles so have some mechanical sympathy & I have a really decent set of tools and big trolley jack with axle stands at my place so I thought about having a crack at fixing. Is this a easy fix ?

I should say that I am not planning on spending any cash on this fix (I am broke after just paying for waterpump / timing belt replacement) so I plan to repair using water proof plumbers tape - This stuff is super strong and heat resistant to 140c so should at least work until next pay-day when I can fix on a more permanent basis.

Any advice ?

Thanks

Here's how to get at the pump (you may have to register with PumaPeople to view):
http://www.pumapeople.com/wiki/index.php?title=Feeble_Washer_Jets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's what the reservoir looks like:

T30 torx on the arch liner.

10mm up the top of the bottle and two in the door slam to get the bottle out. Rotate the filler neck towards the front of the car first to unclip it.

Frozen fluid can split the bottles. The pipes don't normally split but I wouldn't rule it out. The pump is also an interference fit in a grommit in the bottle so that may also not be home.

When you know if it needs parts get on the phone and we'll sort it, if you're skint pay me when you get a minute, we're all friends here :lol:

Back