Marcus' 1.4 Blue Puma - Alloys done!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will the 1.4 engine out of a Mk6 or Mk7 Fiesta fit or is it only the older models that can go in?

Just bought a Fester engine, 59k for £190 delivered with warranty, here goes nothing... :twisted:

Still sat twiddling thumbs whilst new engine is fitted etc so I've started on some other bits I've been meaning to do for a while.

1st thing on the list, FRP-esq door cards but without paying stupid money.
Picked this material up a few months ago (same as what I did the boot lining in).

I'll grab some backing foam and fabric glue up this week and then get it all stuck down, should look ace though! :D

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0125.jpg

I'd be interested to know how close a match that is to the FRP fabric, anyone got some decent shots of theirs?

Don't think there's enough stretch in the material to do the steering wheel, nor are my skills good enough to make a good job of it! :p

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mountney-M-Blue-Steering-Wheel-Mini-Boss-FREE-UK-P-P-/380193395734?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item58854ad416" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

are you gonna match the seats get some black and blue seat covers maybe

Went out and got some thick foam and spray adhesive this morning so just been finishing them off! :D
Feels nicer than the original ones due to the thicker foam, more bounce in them.

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0126.jpg

and fitted!

DSC_01236.jpg

Not bad for a first attempt, roof lining in black next!

Quick question, if I'm planning on changing all the bushes (front and rear), what else would it make sense to change at the same time?

Quick update list:

Powerflex wishbone bushes ordered
-40mm Spax front springs ordered
New engine finally fitted!

Alloys chemically stripped, blasted and 3x coats of powder on them! :D
Can't wait to see them in the sunshine!

DSC_0129-1.jpg

DSC_0126-1.jpg

DSC_0123-2.jpg

Yes, they're a bit marmite but once you see them in the flesh I think you may be converted! :cool:

Better pictures to follow once I've finished putting the rad bracket and headlights back on:

DSC_0131.jpg

door cards look excellent well done.. and love the old rs2k wheels look better than i imagined they would :cool:

like the door cards, where did you order you fabric from?? ive gotta do my brothers lupo's roof lining in black at some point

PumaJay said:
like the door cards, where did you order you fabric from?? ive gotta do my brothers lupo's roof lining in black at some point

Picked the fabric up from a bargain bin at a local upholstery store! :cool:

Few more photos of it with the new wheels on, you'll have to forgive the dint on the front wing, I haven't got round to re-spraying the other wing yet.

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

Wheeeeeeeeeels!

DSC_0145.jpg

Front Spax -40mm springs to go on along with PowerFlex bushes! :twisted:

DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg

Going to start playing with the 3m Di-Noc carbon wrap shortly!

Marcus- How do with that relects on what work i put your way in the future hahahahaha.

Coming next week?

Back