MoondustProject

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It runs and drives! I only drove it about 4 miles tonight though on 5psi and it's so nice!
Fuelling needs a slight tweek and the manifold is blowing slightly as I need another gasket.

It's surprisingly quick at 5psi! I'll turn it up to 7 when I know it's running solid, I think my huge front mount helps with the power too. My dump valve doesn't open so I get chatter instead, can't say I'm bothered by that though

cool get a video up when you get chance :) your find there is a fine line adjusting the dump valve with it going off and opening on idle causing stalling on junctions.

unfortunately there's a small oil leak on the oil feed, I think it's due to a missing copper washer.. oops.

this will be sorted by the weekend and a vid will be uploaded :thumbs:

Sorry gents, the starter motor is ruined and there still an oil leak that i cant figure out as its different places each time

Cheers mate, it started off leaking on the oil feed then the return and now it looks like from the compressor... Of course i kept starting the car and turning it off to check which has led to the demise of my starter

Oil leak sorted, just a blowey downpipe now, simple fix just need a couple of flanges to make it into two pieces, anyway crappy mobile phone, poorly light video of it running. I know it's running a bit lean before someone goes mad too.

Hello you beautiful people. I thought it's about time I made a post as I've been inactive for a long time.

The situation in a nut shell is thus:

No boost at the moment due to a massive cock up on my behalf.
Currently SORN with no engine
Driveshaft seals spewing gearbox oil everywhere

However I got motived at changed the cambelt this morning. I used an engine crane and wow, the job is so easy, it was like christmas had come early. I started at 11:30 and it's all done and triple check, tools tided away and all cleaned up by 15:20
a nice time for such a job as I'm sure many of you will agree.

I will be adding boost again in the future, hopefully by the end of September. :)

Latest posts

Back