MR2 winter preparation! *FINISHED PICS NOW UP!*

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris3boro

Today I started work on the 2, getting it ready for the bad weather which will no doubt be here before we know it! I'm no professional detailer but like to look after her and have some knowledge about the products im using.
I'll add pics on here as I work on the car in the next few days. I don't have a machine polisher so am doing the best I can by hand :)

Here's the car before starting on it...

IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1460.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

After just a basic wash it's look miles better, and you can see it still has a good shine to it without even polishing it recently...

IMG_1509.jpg

IMG_1510.jpg

Next, clayed with Sonus green, you can see it needed it! This is from about half of the car...

IMG_1513.jpg

Dried and into the garage. First coat of Auto Glym Suer Resin Polish.....

IMG_1516.jpg

IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

I do like how it looks on the car before buffed off, makes me thing a matt black mk2 would look mean as hell!

SRP layer 1 buffed off, and here is how she stands at the minute...

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

Not bad so far I think :)

I'm going to do a few more layers of SRP to improve the lighter swirls where possible, sealant then wax. Pics of course to be added as I progress. Hope you enjoyed the pics!

Chris

looking good, need to start sorting my puma out ready for winter, its not had a proper good clean and a wax for some time now

Brilliant work Chris :D

Its great that you have a garage to work in!

Update. Second layer of SRP added and then some Auto Glym Ultra deep shine. Still sealant and wax to go :) Should be done by tomorrow some time.

Results so far...

IMG_1527.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

IMG_1537.jpg

IMG_1541.jpg

Gave the exhaust a quick clean, 50/50 pic showing before and after:

IMG_1526.jpg

IMG_1540.jpg

GREAT JOB! my car is in need of a good clean and some serious paint work but atleast making shiny. and some protection!

to be honest I need some good cleaning products and some decent cloths to sort it out! might have to start a collection.

just gotta fix my car first lol

More perfect i try make the car the more it annoys me. I like it being a bit scratched, im less fearfull of leaving it in car parks if you know what i mean.

10/10 though Chris, car really does look amazing!! :thumbs:

Finished! I have to say, it was worth the effort too! :) Car has been clayed, polished, sealed and waxed all ready for the winter.

The results. . .

IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg

IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

I even managed to polish the exhaust tips, looks so much better and pretty good for the original exhaust Id say!
BEFORE

IMG_1551.jpg

AFTER
IMG_1557.jpg

And the other side after

IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_1590-1.jpg

And probably my fav shot...

IMG_1592.jpg

All in all.....well chuffed :D I'm never driving it now haha

Wow, that last shot is excellent. Definitley shows the effort you've put in!

Looks brill mate! :eek:k: top job

you should have waved at your reflection hahaha :lol:

Thanks, it should bead like an absolute biatch with all that polish and wax on lol, hoping it'll just sheet the water off!

e3silversurfer said:
nice big garage :drool: can you do mine if i drive down? :p

Well I've done quite a few other cars for people over the summer to earn some money, though not to this degree obviously! Fancy giving me your Elise for a day? :-D hehe

brill job on that, worked up a sweat i bet, hope you show some wet weather pics too, i love the 1st rain after doing a loveing job like that. yip defo leave in garage now hahah

Back