My frp and big plans

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked the frp up from paint yesterday but was raining all the way back :(

I'll get some nice pictures up when its buftied and have my new wheels on hears one from yesterday for now :
IMAG0151_zps3cc6a5b3.jpg

No warren as the bore is too small for the power I'm looking for.
When the development was taking place my dad had them bored out as far as possible on the evolution engines which were 222bhp I'm looking for 240 :)

warrenpenalver said:
are they basically the same design bored out more then??

I wonder if someone has the CAD drawings for all the S1600 bits. would be awesome to get some stuff remade.

Yes there identical but I think there 40mm standard, I may be wrong, and there were bored out as far as they could be before going through I think they were nearly 42mm in the end.
Everything had to be tried modified and all sorts when doing the development, the injector positioning would have been tedious just sitting on the dyno for hours timing 20second intervals before doing another test :D

Try getting hold of some, i have tried for 12 months, rocking horse poo !!!

I missed a brand new set 18months ago for £545, only come across one set since at £3500.

Was going to put them on the f 3 engine, but going to try single 60mm tb for starters on s1600 intake

Simon

Blue3 said:
I missed a brand new set 18months ago for £545, only come across one set since at £3500.

Was going to put them on the f 3 engine, but going to try single 60mm tb for starters on s1600 intake

Simon

Ok we'll as long as your not hoping for the 300bhp there supposed to be as I don't think that would be good enough.

Like I say the s1600 throttles in the picture were restrictive at 220bhp and 9000rpm

How about some Titan roller barrels I believe they come in 48mm which would be nice on your 2.0 litre :-D

I was going to say, you dont want to be paying pumabuilds price for them. They have a few sets (or did).

at £3.5k youd be better off going to somewhere like MK Motorsport as he has all the CNC gear to make you roller barrel stuff. Infact he has some already designed for the cossie so it should be possible to have the design tweaked for another engine. And lot less than £3.5k too.

Hell if there was a demand i could make carbon trumpets too. being a "smooth inner" part its fairly easy despite the deep shape.

I saw the barrels mark made when we were down his the other week they look awesome however I think it would take a lot of work to get them to fit a puma and there wouldn't be a big demand, even if he did I'd imagine they would be over 2k minimum.

Like I say we have used the Titan barrels quite a bit and there good value

Ryan whose making yours then?? i presume you have a CAD file youre modifying to get the exact performance you want??

also i presume youre tuning trumpet lengths too??

Once youve got a engineering shop set up with the right files to do it and a list of the necessary componants to buy it doesnt have to be silly expensive to knock out extra sets.

Its the labour and machining that takes the time in money terms and R&D. But if youre ripping off the basic S1600 design already, most of the R&D was paid for by ford years ago.

Sure there wouldnt be massive demand but £2k is considerably better than the obscene £3.5k pumabuiild want!!

warrenpenalver said:
Ryan whose making yours then?? i presume you have a CAD file youre modifying to get the exact performance you want??

also i presume youre tuning trumpet lengths too??

Once youve got a engineering shop set up with the right files to do it and a list of the necessary componants to buy it doesnt have to be silly expensive to knock out extra sets.

Its the labour and machining that takes the time in money terms and R&D. But if youre ripping off the basic S1600 design already, most of the R&D was paid for by ford years ago.

Sure there wouldnt be massive demand but £2k is considerably better than the obscene £3.5k pumabuiild want!!

Not having a set made there's a rule of thumb in regards to the size of throttle bodies,barrel or slides so ill just pick the size I want, or what the old chap tells me lol, from a company that already make them such as Titan.

We already know what exact trumpet length, trumpet radius works from when the s1600 engines were developed but will play around with lots of little bits when on the dyno, it doesn't cost anything for it to run on there so ill have a play around there's so much involved with tuning an atmo but the vvt is the biggest help. Just holding the engine on peak power say at 9000rpm then advancing or retarding the cam timing with the touch of a button :)

I know what your saying in terms of copying the s1600 set but I believe that there are as good as components ready made so I don't think there would be much point in having a new set made you just have to choose a set according to your engine spec.

Bit of an update guys.

Been doing the underside over Christmas time off not gonna put every pick up of prep etc just the essentials :)

Just all the usual stuff, stripping the underside then cleaning all the dirt off under the arches.
Next was a bit of wire wheeling on the surface rust which was nothing major
Bit of prep and etch primer then for the stone chip :)

There's stages I've missed in the pictures but the main parts are there, also the pictures were taken on my phone so aren't brilliant :)

IMAG0180_zps2551d839.jpg

IMAG0181_zps3eb082a9.jpg

IMAG0182_zps08fa0d06.jpg

IMAG0183_zpsdb80e8e2.jpg

IMAG0184_zps6e5ee410.jpg

IMAG0186_zpsb9a404dd.jpg

IMAG0187_zpsfa98f3ee.jpg

IMAG0188_zpseddd522d.jpg

IMAG0189_zpsbd1acf10.jpg

IMAG0190_zps47b6853d.jpg

IMAG0191_zpsb4b4c2af.jpg

IMAG0192_zps4c95ea18.jpg

IMAG0193_zps1f2e4d09.jpg

IMAG0194_zps8b99d95c.jpg

Just fitted some poly bushes in the beam while its out, the standard ones were a nightmare to get out haha

IMAG0185_zpsbfbad6ee.jpg

Trial fitted my wheels before I started but need spacers I love the look of them
They come up a brighter gold in the pictures they look better in person

IMAG0152_zpsfa4380b4.jpg

IMAG0153_zpsce2e5a57.jpg

IMAG0154_zpsd9c842de.jpg

IMAG0156_zps626df589.jpg

IMAG0157_zpsd893cb2d.jpg

aberdarepuma said:
Holy shi..... Cow!!!! That looks stunning!! Jus dun my underside looks like ures wish my outside did haha, gld and blue perefect mate!!!

Haha cheers mate :grin:
It's filthy dirty at the minute lol

Haha yer, one of our friends has a detailing company who will have it for a couple of days when I've finished the underside then ill put some nice pictures up :)

Latest posts

Back