My frp and big plans

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a little bit today as everyone was in, first we faced the top of the block
IMAG0385_zps63cef6a2.jpg

IMAG0386_zps343cb972.jpg

Then washed the block off next i masked the top face and oil ways etc and etch primed it
IMAG0387_zps10a38e4d.jpg

IMAG0388_zpsb2d1e22a.jpg

After it had dried then gave it several coats of silver and shes looking lovely :)
IMAG0395_zps5e0a7306.jpg

IMAG0397_zps160e84ef.jpg

IMAG0399_zps4a0c1952.jpg

IMAG0400_zpsab9818b7.jpg

Got inlet manifold sorted that was a little concerned about so now everything is either waiting on bits or money im aiming for the dyno in 6weeks :)

Yer the milling machine comes in so handy but the Dyno is where its at, lots of development when were aiming for 245bhp

Block looks good, a nice shiny base. That paint job will give you extra bhp!! :lol: I have to agree with Mac, I wish I had access to the tooling & equipment you do, it would be disrespectful not to take advantage of that stuff! You'd bring shame upon your family if you chose to drive a Prius with the facilities & knowledge in your family! :lol:

Haha thanks mate, yer id say around 5bhp ;)

I was considering turbo charging it the other day when a spare 30/71 turned up but cant handle the gearbox issues you and my brother suffered with lol plus its a car for the nurburgring, a freind of ours has a supercharged dc5 id love to mock him up the road maybe next year

Few bits turned up today thanks to chris at lightening motorsport i got new valves and shells off him :)

Few pics of the new valves which make the originals look tiny lol they may or may not be turned down slightly depending on calculations :)
IMAG0451_zps3c8713f8.jpg

IMAG0446_zps1260a645.jpg

IMAG0445_zpsafa0e969.jpg

Few pics of the cams which i have put to one side out the stores, they were slightly too big for the latest spec evolution works engines at the time so should be spot on for mine :)

Exhaust next to standard sorry I'm awful at taking pictures lol
IMAG0441_zpsf80f2e36.jpg

IMAG0438_zps890d1c74.jpg

Inlet cam has around 2mm more lift than the exhaust im using around 4mm more lift than standard with between 310 and 320 degrees duration, good job im using vct as it couldnt be started on the starter motor without :cool:
IMAG0443_zps016a4023.jpg

Inlet system is being custom made at the minute out of a billet which will be 4 weeks.
Rods and pistons will be around 5weeks
Cylinder head will be around 6weks as its having new seats for the much bigger valves also i need the inlet to be matched to the head so this will be last.
The bottom end will all be complete at that point ready to drop the head on then strap it on the dyno :)

Yer there crazy alright, there just what kent cams have it down as so id say no lift.
Im gonna have a switchable map, calm then lairy tick over it will sound like some huge v8 lol

Few pics of the cams which i have put to one side out the stores, they were slightly too big for the latest spec evolution works engines at the time so should be spot on for mine :)

Exhaust next to standard sorry I'm awful at taking pictures lol
IMAG0441_zpsf80f2e36.jpg

IMAG0438_zps890d1c74.jpg

Interesting to compare with mine, are you going to have to machine the head out and increase the bucket size?

P1020298.jpg

I'm using standard sized buckets and no do not have to modify the head I believe yours runs a larger base circle that's why your head has to be modified, what's the lift on your inlet cam,

Ill check in the morning but im nearly 100% sure mine are a smaller base circle which is why i can get away with not modifying the head,
12mm lift isnt shy my inlet cams 12.6mm
Do you know what compression ratio yours is they may have it a little lower and because of them cams they run the dynamic compression ratio higher.

To be fair I measured it in the engine,so could be a little more, don't know the comp, but I know it is quite high

Simon

Not an issue mate i was under the impression the f3 engine ran a restrictor and didnt rev too high so that size of cam makes sense

No each is a billet single butterfly to make itb's :) short as possible for revs, using 8 injector for drivability

Back