My new car- Ford Fiesta Zetec S Mk7

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This car feels better built than all my previous Fords and has lots of nice little touches that the older ones (even my 2008 Focus) didn't have. Even my father in law who hates Fords is impressed with it

BenF said:
oilburner said:
I agree too they should have made the ST like this

given the handling of the ST, I can forgive it the facelift!

I think the facelift is a great improvement. As for the S, we have one - handling is great but performance is nowhere near the Puma. Ben also found that out after he parted with his!

It's been a while since I've driven a Puma so my memories of its performance are a bit hazy! The used car manager at Lookers had a Spirit Blue ST with the MP215 pack on it and it sounded tasty!

it is lively enough without the MP215!

why not go for a test drive? Even if you don't get one now it will tell you if it is the car you want next! (You could even turn into Neil!)

The ST accelerates so quickly that my husband's Zetec S, which I also drive, seems steam driven in comparison! If you get a chance to drive an ST, go for it!

I think I will do Ben, seems like the natural progression. I shall be keeping this car for at least 2 years so the secondhand prices will have dropped a bit by then

ford in past few years have seriously impressed me, and you only have to test drive the opposition, to realise why there are so many new fiesta and Focus's on the road, personally think that when they bought volvo, robbed it of the build quality people expected, and brought ford product up a notch, sharing the platforms.

even the latest mondeo's are a decent product IMHO

Hopefully Volvo seem to be recovering a bit with the V60 and other new models under chinese ownership (the polestar V60 T6 is a fantastic car to drive, although is best part of 50k)

I fitted the grille from the Asian market Fiesta like this one
But I took it off today as the more I looked at it the more I didn't like it

Got one of these in at work, and i knew they were going to be good, but i was really impressed with the way they drive, totally chuckable and the engine is really revvy. The previous owner fitted one of those K&N filter deelies, i can't compare it to standard, but i guess it has to make a difference.

My only gripe is the exhaust; why have it hidden under the bumper? Should have a nice burbly system on it.

Anyway, looks good mate :eek:k:

Cheers! I couldn't wait till the weekend to fit it so it went on last night, the car seems to pick up and Rev more freely now. I'm with you on the exhaust I think the Mountune exhaust system is on the cards next, it's a nice twin pipe job like the ST

I'm hoping the RS will happen :) Also trying to figure out a way to fit the ST rear diffuser without losing my parking sensors

C250 CDI Coupe Neil, not this particular one though as the manual gearbox isn't that great.

I get bored easily :grin: it's a habit I'm trying to get out of, I was all set for a new Focus ST diesel until I saw these were about the same money and faster. My record for keeping a car shortest is 3 months

3 months, wow! I suppose it's a similar thing to me except I don't buy a new car, I just keep changing it :lol:

Back