My new car- Ford Fiesta Zetec S Mk7

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 3 month car was an awful Focus ST170 that spent 2 months in the workshop while a load of Ford engineers tried to figure out what made its inlet manifold spontaneously combust, ended up with a refund under the Ford Commitment and bought a Civic Type R instead

The ST170 wasn't really that great a car, IMO. The engine is good but only if you want to tune it and start with a re-build! I think anyway. I would think the Civic Type R you swapped to would be much nicer!

The Type R was a great car and I'd have kept that for a long time if it hadn't been stolen as at the time there was nothing to touch it for the same sort of money.

The Fiesta has developed a fault that's probably familiar to many Puma owners, a blown heater fan resistor!

I enquiried about a Focus ST again only to be told that if I ordered today it'd be unlikely that I'd see it this year!

Looking smart Yog! I think nearly new might be my best option, I don't see why it takes 6 months to build a Ford Focus

Very nice Rick - loving that Stealth Grey more and more :eek:k:

Thanks Dal, it was the colour that first attracted me to it.
I part-exchanged the Audi S1 Quattro for it, losing a bundle of money in the process! I've had more problems with it than all the other cars I've owned.
The biggest problem was the gearbox/clutch, which totally spoiled the driving experience. Complaints about the S1 gearbox are starting to surface on the website. I'm inclined to think it was weak syncromesh on 2nd gear, although the clutch action (take-up) position was also erratic, in that there was not a positive disengage/engage point, making engagement erratic/jerky. The garage had the car for a total of 7 working days, but despite an "adjustment", which fractionally inproved the clutch action, was still far from satisfactory. This, combined with suspension adjustment failure (more days off the road), and trouble getting the exhaust trims replaced (6 months old!), due to corrosion from exhaust emissions ("They are all like that, Sir."), (Sales eventually agreed to pay for them, as warranty wouldn't - why don't the make them from S/S?), I have now sold it at 21 months old/11,500 miles.
My first and last Audi car, so very disappointed with the Audi hype, that failed to deliver in practice.

I got the Sales Manager's ST at a Ford dealer, 6 months old and only 2,500 miles. Can't believe the spec, especially compared with the Audi, which, for example, charge £250 extra to have a flat bottom on the steering wheel!

With the way the ST performs, I may sell the Thunder!

I'm test driving a BMW M140i on Thursday,heard lots of good things about them so looking forward to it

Good luck with the test drive.

Not specifically related but inline with the previous thread comments, a few years ago I test drove a 3 series M coupe against an A5 S line and the BMW was much nicer all round.

Can't believe Rick had so many problems with the S1, not surprised he's chopped it in for the Focus although shame it's at such a loss.

I find VAG group cars a bit soulless to drive personally, it's as if you are disconnected from the car in some way

I have no experience of them, but from the various bits and bobs on t' internet, they are rapid but fairly soulless.

There's a lot of the flipping things around though - probably due to cheap finance deals.

oilburner said:
[post]359759[/post] What does everyone think of the VW Golf R?
Boring to look at, ten-a-penny and a disgustingly false exhaust note, complete with fuel injection on upshift for a "woof" to make you look good :roll:

oilburner said:
[post]359759[/post] What does everyone think of the VW Golf R?

We have one at work and it drives great but when pushed hard feels like a typical vag car and loses grip when you need it!

Back