My new car

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
High on the list for the next upgrade :eek:k:

gorgous car mate, Id love one of these. My mate has one and says the only common faults with them are injectors and rear bem bushes. His has about 150k on it though and its still a quick mile munching machine, lol

There are some issues with the dual mass flywheel.

It also pays to regularly clean out the EGR, a filthy job that pays truly great performance dividends. Some even override it altogether.

just had a new egr value only a couple of months ago but i'll clean it out should it get slugish. Got a haynes manual which is a servicing luxury!

Spec3 Clutch and Single mass Flywheel- Rated at over 600llbts of tourque

And so far i think the highest tuned one is running arounf 313bhp with almost 500llbts of tourque

Gives a target to aim for

And you need a new tag line in your sig

More Smoke=More Poke :p

XIIVVX said:
There are some issues with the dual mass flywheel.

Weird that as my mate's clutch went and I'm sure he said something about it being a dual something or other and had a new one fitted last week, maybe the same thing...£800+ is cost him!!!..ouch.

Hate to talk about people's car's going wrong, finger's crossed that your's is sweet as a nut Dal :eek:k:

The dual mass flywheel is a concern, but as mine is a "phase 2", Ford did sort a few issues out with it as it came to the end of it's production a year later. I'll be getting a warranty of some description in any case. ;)

Scotty1.7 said:
More Smoke=More Poke
Not on phase 2 cars unless I turn my "soon to arrive" Roveron box up further than "6"
Diesels have come along way - so much so that my car is less polluting than a Puma :p

Had dent devils out last week to get a dent out that a neighbours son kindly put in for me :evil:

Before:
Beforefrombehind.jpg

BeforeSideon.jpg

During:

DSC_2805Large.jpg

After:
Afterfrombehind.jpg

AfterSideon.jpg

If you didn't know it was there you'd never be able to find it.

:eek:k:

How does that crazy gizmo work, just a suction / vacuum effect?

I'm going to try and get hold of some dry ice, try and pull out some of the dinks in mine! :twisted:

somtimes they drill a hole pull it out filler and paint

how much did this set you back dal?

he took the rear light cluster out as you can see in one of the pictures, and used long rods to push the dent out just too far. He then moved it back in again from the outside with various shaped tools with a hammer. He said it takes them 3 months to learn the basics and years to perfect the technique.
The gizmo on the suction pad is a panel with black and yellow stripes on it. As he's pushing the dent out, he looks at the reflection of that panel in the bodywork to see how flat he's got it as obviously when it's totally flat the reflected lines will be dead straight and uniform.
Dent devils charge £75 plus vat per panel.

The neighbours came back from a camping trip in their Discovery and the young lad opened his door onto it. Luckily I saw him do it and he even gave a sheepish look as he saw me watching. Luckily his dad was fine about it and said he'd pay.

Back