New (Cheap) car ?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry

jenolite_family.jpg

There you go

Heard from mondeo woman, it's back on!!! :thumbs:

So we're driving West instead of North. Yay. [/sarcasm]

Yeah.. Leicestershire.. ewww

[/sarcasm]

Sneak peaks:
mondeo034.jpg

mondeoreceipts001.jpg

mondeoreceipts011.jpg

And *shock* no rust on a rear arch on a 14 year old Ford
mondeo150.jpg

Got the mondeo out front. :lol:

All is fab except there's a missing vacuum hose which for the life of me I can't find the end of. So a quick trip to Frauds tomorrow to get another one. Other than that there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Inside is clean and looks nearly new. Outside there are two small stone chips on the edge of the bonnet and a small 2" scuff on the rear bumper.

It's got a huge wad of history and a fully stamped up Ford history for all of it's 14 years. Looks like the first owner (for 13 years) was a fusy bugger. Took it back 6 times as "the speedo seems to be jumping a little bit" All the major jobs have been done - Cambelt, etc.
MOT until April and tax to the end of the year

And I managed to knock her down to £400.

:thumbs:

Some pictures I've just snapped:

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

Cherie said:
At least it's not the same as the basic white festa I used to have. 1.0 litre, no rear wiper, no intermittant, no clock...

...less to go wrong...

Mondeo looks good...the wishbones have been done which is good as they are prone to failing and possibly the subject of a recall. The only thing I can think of is the valves burning out on this engine due to supermarket fuels but at 14 years old this fault should have manifested itself by now.

A good first sign is the presence of it's original GLX wheel trims...a small point but a relevant one on an old car.

But not worth the insurance company getting the repairs done when a white van wiped out my front wing. :(

Can tell by the history / receipts that it has been well cared for.

Not got a name yet. Don't think I will either tbh apart from "Grandma" or something.

Latest posts

Back