Oil in Spark Plug wells....

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lordbenny

Obviously I’ve researched this and the most common reason is faulty cam cover gasket. It’s just mine seems bone dry and there’s no sign of leakage. Should I change it anyway?

Not on my part...I just found it funny that your primary symptom is the name of your thread in which you claim to not have any symptoms (signs of leakage).
Not trying to give you a hard time, we've all failed to connect the dots before.

I’m just wondering if there may be another cause as I can’t see any leaks from the gasket

I changed mine when I did the cambelt change, I had oil in the spark plug wells and the gasket didn’t show signs of failure, top tip though don’t buy a cheap gasket they are rubbish

Lordbenny said:
I’m just wondering if there may be another cause as I can’t see any leaks from the gasket
It seems it can also get down there if you slop oil over the side of the inlet. It runs down the side and under the plastic cover, so you don't see that it needs mopping up.

Latest posts

Back