powersteering removal

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScubaSteve

I'm looking to convert to non power steering rack,.does anyone know what aux belt I will need to fit once pas pump is gone? Car is non air con so just tensioner, waterpump, and crank pulleys after

I think puma tensioner will be ok, on non Aircon models anyway only one way to find out!

It's probably worth getting some opinion on first. My reasons are obviously some weight to be saved and it gets rid of a load of rusty pipes and removes the possibility of any problems eg when tony had his pas pipe burst on track. Be interesting to hear the cons, from a track driving point of view

Cons - more difficult to turn the wheel.

I prefer to know that I can turn it in, hold the turn and wind it off the other way if I need to.

I'd be interested to see how it feels, but even from a safety point of view I just think you're less likely to have the car tell you where its going.

Iv never driven a non pas car in anger on track would be interesting to see what its like

Latest posts

Back