Problem With My Friend's Focus

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e3silversurfer

Hi there everyone, just wondernig if yu guys can help me with this.

I have a friend who called me yesterday and told me that his focus (S reg 1999 5dr hatchback) has got the following problems. I suggested for him to change the fuse on the focus for these problems. just wondering if I missed out anything. His problems are:

1) dash indicator not lighting up
2) sun roof unable to open
3) remote locking doesnt work.

Are there any other things I should check for?? I am worried that something might have happened to cause this 3 things to fail. I suspect it might be a blown fuse in the fuse bow. but blowing 3 fuses might suggest that something might be wrong with the fuse box itself. Thank you for all your help in advance guys

Maybe try the corresponding relays? Or maybe a certain section of the relay / fusebox circuit have gone causing a "mass" fail. Did they all go together? Does seem odd that 3 should go together if so.

Fuses go for a reason, so better to find the source than constantly replace fuses.

Early Focuses are known to have ECU issues (water ingress I think?) that cause general problems like you describe when everything goes wrong at the same time, replacement is the cure.

Has it been recently purchased, does it have a warranty?

nope it does not have a warranty as it was bought for over a couple of years already. I think I will check and see if any there's any water ingress. Thanks for the tips.

Latest posts

Back