project OKK

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lrrhood

OKK :wink:
So here goes, evilrob sujested that I should set up a project, don't know how interested everyone will be cos at the mo its just going to be the borring stuff about getting it road worthy on a budget!!!
But must say the more I am doing the more I am thinking about future possibilities!!! and lets be honest the sky is the limit with these little cats!
The List so far
Boot Lock WD40n and a little wiggle!
Oil Leak Gear Box Breather Cap on wrong way round! Lots of help from here, thanks guys and gals
Wheels swapped But because of wear on tyres really made it harder to drive and very noisey!!!
Parcel shelf mended Glue under the brackets had melted in the heat!!! so tracked down a glue that would withstand higher temps and put a long nozzel on, a good squirt and job done
2 New Tyres Wow what a difference, starting to see what this car is possible of doing now!(got Pirelli tyres on front, one was new when I got car a couple of weeks ago, other front tyre was a firestone slightly worn(3) but spare had a brand new Pirelli so swapped them over! ( just got a couple of budget tyres on the back at the mo! needs some work doing on rear so will upgrade before the bad weather, when got a few more pennies, thought it better to keep things balanced!
Replace front shock absorbers
Dee rust front wheel arches
Purchase 'Project Puma' stickers when she is in a decent condition, don't want to let the side down in a rust shed!
Get back right alloy straightened
Rear axle bushes replaced
Then look at other things like graphic's etc

So thats it for now folks, any comments/ideas allways welcome along with quotes from great films!!! Will post some picks in a couple of days when I have given her a bath and a rub down, show you the starting point!
Oh why project OKK well thats her reg and my name is Kay, who needs to pay for personalised number plates when fate gives you them for free!! :lol:

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm always interested to hear what people are up to with their Pumas - whether it's some mental engine conversion or just giving it a wash. :thumbs:

I think the more modest project threads are just as interesting as the wild and wildly expensive ones. I think they are probably more relevent to what the majority of people do and the problems they have. Not to say I dont enjoy the wild ones as well.

Who's Dee rust? is she a friend of yours ? any piccies of her :-D

Thanks for that everyone, Allinking- I agree, no point driving a piece of art that woun't pass an M.O.T!!! and these cars are getting a bit rare now to bodge it up!
Promise to get some picks up over the weekend
Oh and Quest63- Sorry mate Rust is no friend of mine!!!! :wink: but will add some pick of me giving Rust a good rub down!!!!

lrrhood said:
Thanks for that everyone, Allinking- I agree, no point driving a piece of art that woun't pass an M.O.T!!! and these cars are getting a bit rare now to bodge it up!
Promise to get some picks up over the weekend
Oh and Quest63- Sorry mate Rust is no friend of mine!!!! :wink: but will add some pick of me giving Rust a good rub down!!!!

Oh my, I oh ermmm :oops: steady Questy ssshhhhh behave

I agree, get some before picture up and lets see your work on your Puma.

Its also good to have a thread like these, just as a bit of a memory to go back through and see where it all began.

I also agree... I didn't start modifying mine until after about a year of having her.
Keeping up to scratch with service and maintenance is always great to see :eek:k:

Get up some pics!!

Yeah I got a promotion, Oh to be a teenager again, long and distant memories!
Sorry guy's been married for almost 9 years takes a bit more than banter to make me run away. :p
Thanks for the support Sparx, good to have some female support, was reading through your project, take my hat off to you girl thats some car you have there, don't know if my little OKK will last long enough to reach a fraction of what you have done with yours, she already has 126,000 on the clock, but will keep her going as long as I can.

another 'oops!!' :oops:
been a good 9 years, lots of fun, lots of banter, he has a very dry sense of humour and me thinks some of that is wearing off on me!!
back on thread will try to get some starting picks on later today folks

OK managed to put some picks into an album but have no idea how to get them on here(after several very frustrating stab in the dark attempts) so if anyone is interested please feel free to have a look.

This should tell you about piccies :thumbs:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5496" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheeky!!!! don't want to waste precious space on a rust heap! so took them down a few picks, and yes there is quite a bit of rust, just found a few more spots comming through on rear wheel arches when I washed her, this could be a lot bigger job than I first thought, me thinks me might have to invest in a propper spray gun! don't want to use cans on areas that can be seen, didn't mind under front wheel arches but this is a whole different kettle of fish!!!

Back