Project Puma: Black & Red [Chris AKA Tyeboi] [Picture Heavy]

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did u primer 1st or straight on with the hammerite?.. They look neat I've seen much worse

Where's the best place for me to get some red hammerite from?

Hi Tye, this is a bit of a random question, but I'm getting 5.25' and 5x7 Kenwood speakers for my puma and just wondered how you rated the quality?

Cheers

erm.... they the ones for £35ish?

I would say that there better than standard but £35 better than standard. I wouldn't complain about them but I wouldn't say they are out of this world.

hope that helps

Update time!!

as you know the car has gone up for sale this week as I seriously need to repay some debt BUT as I am writing this I have also just found out that this debt may be getting covered by a family member who didnt realise how in trouble I was until I told them I was going to have to sell the car to cover it. this would be awesome as then I can keep the car and carry on with it.. even though it stresses me out! don't worry I wouldnt sell it unless it was fully working!

well today has been a good day!

I have got the car off the axle stands after 2 weeks!

I refitted all the rear axle with new st170 rear disk conversion.

I used the ST150 fiesta handbreak cable for people interested and if I am honest I wouldnt use it again. it is 2 big and i had to customise the coupling to work with the puma. if you have one that works already (rear disk converted pumas) then stick with it.

a couple of problems the rear wheel stubs r knackered and will need replacing so thats a trip to ford tomoz.
the back suspension still hasnt arrive so its on standard suspension at the moment.... DRAGSTER!

some knocking coming from the front so I am going to get the garage to have a look tomorrow.

its moving forward though and hopefully will be ready for ford fair!

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

fixed a few more issues today like the knackered wheel studs and the ABS sensors not fitting. had to cut them up and now they fit but still no ABS. its in the garage tomoz to have the ARB bushes done and fix the rest of the problems then off to errols for some serious engine jobs as it needs them... oh and my gearbox is shagged apparently.... guess i should of changed the clutch a lot earlier.. new gearbox time... 1.4 i think.

rear brakes are sticking on but i think thats down to rusty disks.... they are wearing away slowly...

handbrake is still rubbish compared to the drums...

also removed the stickers... wow shock horror! had enough of them seeing as now i might be getting rid and wont be on the track... who knows... waiting on updates about the money issues before i can be sure.

brakes are getting better now.

handbrake is a little better too and not sticking on.

the abs still does not work... will sort it... currently looking into various knocking noises aswell..

but heres the biggy!!.... i replaced the lambda today and the signs r good!... possible fuelling issues sorted... if so then jacko's mods r going back on!

ok so after yesterdays highly frustrating drive home with rear brakes practically seized and everyone behind me wondering why my brake lights were on while going forward... i thought the time has come to rebuild those back brakes and find the problem...

I think i found it!... one of the disks has rusted up like a biiiitch.. wasn't great when I put it on even though I cleaned it I never thought to fully sand it down as it was just a little surface rust.... not no more it isnt... thick rough rust....

all sanded down and cleaned to become shiny again and the rear brakes were rebuilt then guess what turns up!!!

my F'in coilovers! 3 weeks late and 1 day after the deadline i kept stressing to them!

oh well I got them fitted and the car is nice and low again... shame it wasn't ready for Ford Fair...

clutch will hopefully be done wednesday as it was shocking yesterday but today is a little better... i have a biting point again... how strange...

pictures will be uploaded of the new lower puma

Chris car looked awesome at the show and i have my fingers well and truely crossed for you to keep it.

Cheers for the bushes

thanks scotty and yeah dont worry paul just call me anytime! if you wasnt a million miles away I would come fit them for you unless you fancy travelling down to mine.

and I am replacing the slave cylinder tomorrow martin so will do thanks man!

mmmm....that's an interesting thought.

I have to come back up north to pick up my drums on Saturday otherwise I'd stop over on Friday night in Scunny and come to yours Saturday morning.

Oh, my coilovers are due on Friday 'before 6' at the office I'm working at and are currently in Standstead....slowly but surely getting closer to me...lol ;)

lol. i sadly work saturdays but if you let me know before hand I can possibly sort one day out to help.

ok...

I have been thinking long and hard about this puma and what I want or can do with it...

it is not a necessity to sell it anymore which is good...

I would love a capri but sadly that isn't going to happen on the budget I have.

I also want an MR2 but the insurance company just laugh at me....

so maybe I should just put a bit more dollar into this puma and get it on the track like I originally thought.. ? yes/no?

If I go ahead with this plan I aim to:
get 2 new front wings (£40ish)
modify my front bumper to become removable
lighten my rear bumper
move the battery to the boot (£20 from scrappy)
strip the car out again but leave the carpet and roof linings in as I do have to drive it everyday
get new rear arches welded in (not sure how much when not painted for me)
then spray paint the bonnet,front bumper, wing mirrors, wings and roof in gloss white and the rest of the car in satin black... cover in decals and vinyls.
get some 16" wheels with semi slicks on (spenny)
then go racing!

ideas on this? worth doing or worth just getting rid of the car and moving on?

u reckon i should just finish what I started and stick with it for another 6 months plus?

this will deem it unsellable as a whole.... hmmmm

Dude as long as your next car has atowbar and you aquire a trailer to take the car it'll be fine

Back