Project Silver, PIC HEAVY

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all done and a day ahead of schedule

started off by making up the piece to join the nearside wheel 2 male single flare connections

P1050992.JPG

drilled some mounting holes for my pipe clips

P1050993.JPG

made the input feed to the t piece, how the setup looked so far

P1050997.JPG

flared the 12mm to 3/16" pipe converter unions, single flares

P1050999.JPG

screwed into MC

P1060006.JPG

drilled holes inside car for brake pipe clips

P1060002.JPG

P1060003.JPG

continued down middle and to rear

P1060009.JPG

P1060010.JPG

then moved onto the dash and disabling the airbag and abs lights (2 birds with one stone)

need to get rid of this

P1060016.JPG

and this

P1060017.JPG

took plastics off from round steering wheel etc

P1060019.JPG

dials out

P1060020.JPG

circuit board out

P1060022.JPG

got my soldering iron out and 3 LEDs removed

P1060023.JPG

after, who can see which ones have gone

P1060024.JPG

back together and as if by magic, no lights

P1060025.JPG

stripped out all the abs loom to both front wheels

P1060027.JPG

assortment of abs loom

P1060035.JPG

abs sensors

P1060038.JPG

abs ecu plug

P1060036.JPG

engine bay in its new found glory abs pump less (needs a clean tbh)

P1060033.JPG

And the results of the road test? brilliant, the pedal feels massively better and harder, and the brakes much much sharper less like your trying to prod a piece of rubber

cheers its not that hard really, oh and my abs sensors and pump for sale if anyone needs any

What are the advantages running without abs? You tried your car in the wet yet under hard braking?

not yet but im not sure i need to lol, it would just lock up. Pedal modulation is needed

advantages for me personally are, better brake pedal feel, adjustable rear bias, no corrosion problems on brake lines, will work properly now with the 6 pots (the main reason i did it), no more worrying about replacing costly abs sensors! weight reduction - abs pump is quite a weight

removed all abs related fuses

P1060043.JPG

couple of shots post clean, who can tell whats different since yesterday

pnew1.jpg

pnew2.jpg

lol no not the abs

next up will be work starting end of next week, rear beam removal off to be powdercoated, whilst thats away will be rear arch rust treated and por15'd and underbody at the rear another coat of underseal

Steve did you take the steering wheel out to get the dash out , had another crack with my dash as I am putting my seats back back in minus the seat belts after I paint the inside of the car, I can't see how you get it out without taking the steering wheel off or am I missing a trick m8

you need to remove all the plastic surround around the column and the hazard warning light switch and bulb.

the pull it forward and seperate the front half of the dials from the back by releasing the 4 plastic clips around it then pull front piece out followed by rear

cheers dude I will give that a crack ....... gave up last time :grin:

Sweet - money bags lol - on my want to buy list probably next month - thanks about the dash managed to get it out bit fiddly but got there in the end.

Happy dude no more problems with pre-tensioners and warning lights just tested my dash and it still works and all lights out...........

Yes removed front plastic front from back and then slide the front part and then the back out carefully.

All plastic also removed from the top of the steering column including hazard button and bulb .

Then once the dash was out it was just the star screws and then carefully remove the circuit board from the rest of the dash to unsolder the bulbs.

Your pictures helped dude except not realising you had removed the front from the back part first to remove.

Latest posts

Back