Puma resting state..

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iang74

morning all... when I eventually get my Puma, the plan is to not use it for commuting (as I only live 5 mins from work) and only use it for weekend jollies with the missus when she's not working... theoretically it 'could' be possible it won't be driven for a couple of weeks at a time...

question is, what do you think is the maximum amount of time a Puma should go without being driven properly? Or at least how often should I ensure it gets a run-out?

Also, rather than start another thread, a very naive question..and perhaps a question generic to all makes of car... after buying a s/h Puma/other car, should the first thing to do be to get into a garage for a service check, regardless of how good a condition you think it's in, or even if the seller says it'd last been serviced within a certain period?

thanks for your help....

As far as what to do with a new second hand car : I've always taken mine for at least an oil and filter change as soon as I can and asked a trusted garage to give it the once over to make sure everything is ok. Almost like a pre-MOT check. I'd rather know if there's anything wrong rather than burying my head in the sand and ignoring it until MOT time.

A good long drive once a week is far better than five short drives across the week when the engine hardly gets a chance to warm up.

That sort of usage will be fine.

I leave mine for standing for weeks at a time (months during the winter) and it's absolutely fine. As long as the battery is in fairly decent condition you shouldn't have any problems.

Like Rob says though, when it does come out, be sure to give it a good run and get everything warmed up nicely :)

Back