Reverse Light

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madhatstand

Hi,

Just bought a '99 Puma 1.7, great little car!

Only problem with it is the reverse lights don't work on it! As this car has 2 reverse lights i doubt it's the bulbs that have gone so i'm guessing its the switch on the gearbox

Any idea on the engine bay where it could be? I've stuck my head under and had a look and found one connecter but i have a hunch thats the crank sensor - and looking from above towards the back to the right of the exaust outlet i'm guessing is the road speed sensor. cant find anything else! Anyone else have a clue or a pic?

Also anyone know what haynes manual(s) is the closest for the 1.7 puma?

Cheers![/b]

its on the front next to an 8mm allen key filler plug, best to look from underneath

Welcome along - as Jacko says, it's on the front.

There is no Haynes manual for the Puma unfortunately. The equivalent for the Fiesta Zetec S is about the closest. Nothing about the 1.7 engine though, but the gearbox is the same as a fiesta IB5.

You can't miss it. Just behind the radiator on the bottom of the gearbox with a curvy triangular-ish connector. This happened on mine and only took a few minutes to change. If I remember it was £18 from FORD but if your in no rush Ebay are half price at most.

Might only be the wires as mine were corroded to hell so I had to bodge a new connector onto the car wiring to fit to the new sensor.

Back