spare key?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby4Puma

I have a damaged key and remote control doesnt work..i can still use the key but its loose...any ideas on how can i get a key with remote? And how much would cost? Im in Birmingham....tnx

There is no need for a chip or something? Or puma key doesnt have a chip inside the key?

So if i buy a blank , get it cut and move the chip from the old one wont cost me that much? I know usually it costs a lot to get a spare....the remote dosnt work now but maybe becauae of the battery...first ill try to change them...but the metallic part its loose...the previous owner used super glue to keep it together :))))

Its a 2 button key...its a weird looking key...but on the back it says ford..ill take some pics of it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Puma-Ka-Fiesta-Focus-IR-2-Button-Remote-New-Uncut-Blank-Key-blade-/251284295281?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item3a81b60e71" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have 2 button remotes... no real need for a 3 button. I did toy with the idea of having all the locks changed and ignition barrel changed to use laser keys but just a fanciful expense.
So when you open the back of the fob, be careful not to snap the little bit of plastic in the centre that holds the lip in place. then you just separate it. The transponder chip is in the little red housing. Take note which end faces which way.

Back