Stereotypes

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trueblue said:
Update from my original post. I am now promoted to Senior maintenance coordinator. Been stuck as a supervisor for the last 14yrs. Must be doing something right as I beat 38 other candidates for the position :grin:

Congratulations!

stumc said:
I think a nice progression of this thread would be a short description of how you got into your job an what quals you've had to attain to get there!
only problem with that is a lot of people will have lots of random qualifications of no relevance to thier job!!

being ex-forces is especially the case - loads of civvy accredited bullshit quals that no one recognises despite the whole idea of civilian recognition being that the skills would be transferable!!

First post :D [Just finished saving up to get my first Puma yesterday, so I'm looking for project ideas and stumbled here first]

I am a Computer Games Designer at a large company in Birmingham, I'm not allowed to say what I am currently working on, but my name can be found in the end credits of a certain rally based game featuring Ken Block and lots of Monster Energy Logos.

I just finished a Degree in Computer Games Design at Teesside University (1st with Honors, no joke, got employed after about a week.)

Before that, I've been a Carpet Fitter / floor layer since I was 14, and the last 2 summers I've been a Piller (hardcore construction work, google: Van Elle)

Hydr0x said:
First post :D [Just finished saving up to get my first Puma yesterday, so I'm looking for project ideas and stumbled here first]

I am a Computer Games Designer at a large company in Birmingham

Codemasters then??

Im a Storeman for Lafarge Tarmac Quarry in Mountsorrel - One of the largest man made holes in europe.

9216638861_c2b3654d0f_z.jpg

Welcome to the site Hydrox! Codemasters use to make the Dizzy The Egg Games on the old computers (C64, Spectrum and Amiga for examples). Bring Dizzy back!

hewy said:
Welcome to the site Hydrox! Codemasters use to make the Dizzy The Egg Games on the old computers (C64, Spectrum and Amiga for examples). Bring Dizzy back!

Hell yea!

I'm a finance advisor at the university of London, randomly got into it after 2 years at a call centre (awful!)and a year door to door charity fundraising (terrible!!) Never think I had top BA and MA in 3D computer animation, I was in the early days of uni's teaching (only two in the UK ran a course in the subject when I attended) and they didn't have a clue what the industry wanted/needed, real shame. Far different today mind you.

Hydr0x said:

I am a Computer Games Designer at a large company in Birmingham, I'm not allowed to say what I am currently working on, but my name can be found in the end credits of a certain rally based game featuring Ken Block and lots of Monster Energy Logos.

I just finished a Degree in Computer Games Design at Teesside University (1st with Honors, no joke, got employed after about a week.)

Before that, I've been a Carpet Fitter / floor layer since I was 14, and the last 2 summers I've been a Piller (hardcore construction work, google: Van Elle)
Any chance of bringing CMR back to basics, without the Americanismos :-D (bet you dont get asked that alot :D )

mix2000 said:
Any chance of bringing CMR back to basics, without the Americanismos :-D (bet you dont get asked that alot :D )
I think it's called 'Dudebro racing' nowadays! I think Milestone have the WRC licence at the moment. WRC4 is very much like the old CMR games and not bad.

Personally, I'd love to see another TOCA Touring cars game.

Edit - welcome to the forum! :lol:

The Arch Bishop said:
mix2000 said:
I think it's called 'Dudebro racing' nowadays! I think Milestone have the WRC licence at the moment. WRC4 is very much like the old CMR games and not bad.

Personally, I'd love to see another TOCA Touring cars game.

Edit - welcome to the forum! :lol:
Methinks we need a games rant thread :roll: :-D

Im a vehicle technican and have been for 18 years. I have worked for the Royal mail for the last 5 n a half years fixing there vans and I love it. Im 34 years old and I also own a saff cossie which is my pride and joy. The pooma is just a toy that ive done a track day In and hopefully will do a few more.

Back