W347 - Developments

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hotdog! Cars been road tested and ready to collect from 8:30am. Can't wait! she definitely needs a clean when I get her back home. Glad to say once again our club mechanic steavie has not only gone above and beyond the call of duty but grabbed me loads of progress pics too! Wouldn't be surprised if there was a little mint on the passenger seat once I got in, lol.

Loads of updates soon.

Good job matey, seems like the mechanics of the forum are really pulling out the stops, looking forward to progress pics!

PumaNoob said:
Good job matey, seems like the mechanics of the forum are really pulling out the stops, looking forward to progress pics!

Full update tomorrow after its had a wash. But I've got the car back and I'm very very Happy! :grin:

Was to tired to carry on working physically outside with the car but didnt stop me re-vamping my nob in front of a film or two with the misses

ae5c2ba2-fb63-46fc-b363-5e37769a8608_zps4f4aae33.jpg

Washed it Sat before Rockingham and decided to get some final race ready pics on the morning once I rocked up!

Here's three of mine from the day, complete with PerformancePuma Decals! one (slightly blurry) of the interior and one in action, massive thanks to amanda for grabbing a couple of track shots as I completely forgot to ask anyone to take any!

DSC_0700_zpsebbabe93.jpg

DSC_0699_zps7c8db1e0.jpg

IMAG0033_zpsff0ce6dd.jpg

DSC_0894_zps9c4c618a.jpg

It's been a busy 8 months (and the breakdowns below) there's only a few things untill I'm done with the car as I'm limited to how far I can take it track wise being my daily and only car. If I end up getting a better paid job, move to a flat/house with a garage or even a drive! Then I'll most prob get a dedicated trackcar but I'm very happy for now..

Since August 2012

Replaced Bonnet
New Headlamps
Painted Grill
DMB Ford Badges
New smaller L-plate
Air Ram+Gauze
ST150 Front Brake Setup + DS2500 Pads
Varta Silver Battery
20.5mm FRP axle Spacers
16" Anthracite Speedline Turini's
195/45/16 UniRoyal Rainsport 2's

Since December 2012

Oil, Coolant and Brake Fluid Change - Ford + ATE Racing Blue
New oil + fuel filters
Magnetic Sump Plug
NGK Spark Plugs
New OEM HT Leads
New Rear Brake Pipes
Hel Braided Brake Lines Front+Rear
New OEM rear bushes
6000k HID kit
Carbon Fibre Splitter + Stainless Rally Support Rods
Ford Racing Stainless Battery Cover

Since March 2013

Focus 1.8 clutch + New Puma Slave
Transmission Oil - Millers Racing CRX + ZX1 Extralube
New Pinch Bolts abd Seals
4 x Sachs Shocks
New Front/Rear Top Mounts and Bearings
Knife Edged/Flowed Mondeo silver 2.0 si throttle body
Knife Edged/Flowed Puma 1.7 Maff
New exhaust gasket
New exhaust mounts
Cobra Daytona Bucket seats and frames + custom tophats
Heatwrapped 4-2-1 Manifold and Backbox
Sunstrip and decals
Interior Dash Red Bits

Plans Next

Dedicated Light 15” alloys and tyres for trackdays
Carry out modest weight reduction approx 80kg (might take this further)
Full Strut Brace Set
FRP Cams and Map
Repair Rear Arches in Summer and other rust
…...Enjoy the car and future trackdays!!!!

Great project! Quick question for you, how did you get the gear-knob so shiny? Looks brand new! (insert generic joke about polishing knob...)

kickboxerdan said:
Great project! Quick question for you, how did you get the gear-knob so shiny? Looks brand new! (insert generic joke about polishing know...)

You need to start with some heavy glasspaper to get the top dull coating off. When simply work in grade i.e 100,200,400,800,1500,2000,2500 I then finished with 3000 before polishing with Menz 3.02 but any dcent cutting compound will do.

kickboxerdan said:
That's great, cheers. Will have to give it a go soon. Enjoyed reading your project, looks awesome. Wheels are very nice!

no worries and cheers fella.

Little addition of climair wind deflectors, made very well and no tape needed to put them in place, they are very strong and definitely not going to fall out, tested them and they work great! had 4 wheel alignment and tracking checked yesterday abd gave her a wash, clay, polish and coat of Jeff's Acrylic Jet Trigger today.

Not having any idiots marking it anymore trying to squeeze into gaps behind/infornt to park, as I have to pay a stupidly expensive permit each year to park on a public road but would love a drive or especially a garage! so added quite unsightly bumper protecters, keeping the tow eye in so don't need one the drivers front side, if some dipstick reserves into it it's their fault!

c300777c-c499-4c33-a247-0b836499f554_zps3a47e8f6.jpg

17cd6ff9-aa72-465c-a865-cd34156f33c3_zps70bd9b21.jpg

9bf30b2f-7ebc-49bc-a1fa-0f8b0ef1f7d3_zpsa33497b9.jpg

STEAVIE said:
looking good! nice stickers! :thumbs:

I buggered up the medium sized one by accident, was gona put it on the bonnet but I planning on putting the two small one at the top of the wings where the door surround meets :grin:

grayfox said:
..massive thanks to amanda for grabbing a couple of track shots as I completely forgot to ask anyone to take any! ...

My pleasure :eek:k: you've got her looking real good mate

Latest posts

Back