Wassup - Newbie here from West London

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, usually when the cambelt is changed its recommended to do this aswell.... it can be done without removal of the cambelt but is abit fiddly im aware of...

I didnt get my water pump changed on the old 1.7 as the garage checked it for play and it was fine so i didn't both, been going 2 years since with no leaks etc.

Guess it just depends on it's condition really.

I'm presuming Ford would have done it if it had needed to be replaced after all it would have been more money for them... guess I just have to hope it was checked as part of the major service and they felt it was ok.

But thanks for the tip... Learning lots from here already :p

Hey Matt,

Cool nice to know there is someone local on here :lol:

Just noticed that "Pumae" is local to me aswell just up the road where I work @ Heathrow :)

All the best,

Lawrence

hi, that is a big bill but at least you can be happy now noing the work is done and you have got to car in its best shape you can for you to enjoy for long time now, have fun let us no how you get on

Thanks puma2 :lol:

Turned out more was done than I thought, obviously didn't hear correctly due to shock after hearing the price :p

Collected the car this morning and she's home after having the following done/changed:
Major Service, Break Fluid, Antifreeze, PAS Fluid, Rocker Cover Gasket, N.S.F. Lower Arm Bush, Rear Break Shoes, Rear Wheel Cylinders, Cam Belt, Auxiliary Belt & P.S.R. Suspension Bush

Really pleased now that I had her serviced now and got everything done before any nasty suprises turned up... Couldn't/Can't bare the thought of Calling the AA for the 4th time this year!

Also sold the MGZR tonight in the end for £850.00 (- ebay seller fees £831.00) but also have the Road Tax thats valid until 28 Feb 2010 to send back for refund so not quite as bad as I thought. Apart from the fact that I now know I also need four new tyres :roll: So due to the amount of cost I have laid out in the last week I'm just getting four new budget tyres for the time being (4 x Barum 195/50V15's) Total = £200 including fitting, compaired to my £170 each tyres that I had fitted on the MG lol

Regards,

Lawrence

Look at camskill for tyres delivered to your door and have them fitted locally for £5 a corner. You could get nice Toyo T1-R fitted for less than £150 all in like that and they're definitely not cheap budget crap.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m4b0s99p0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cherie and I both got our Toyos that way.

Hi Dal,

Thanks for the tip just having a look... Hope you don't mind me asking silly questions but I have just done a search on the Toyo T1-R and seen a few posts saying they have a poor sidewall flex?

I have no plans for doing off road driving or speeding :twisted: just normal day to day driving until I get on the Motorway and just wondered what they mean by sidewall flex and if it would effect me?

Seems a good deal if you think i can get them fitted cheaply... I make it £124.40 inc delivery say maybe £20-30 for fitting etc... and then tracking and alignment they would still come under the £200 I was going to spend so if they are recommended then I will go with them :lol:

Thanks,

Lawrence

lawrece i just paid £250 for mich pe2 all around thta incliding tracking, i could get brige er300 £190 all in for 4, so have a good shop around before you pay fore your rubber, let us no what you get

Thanks, will do some research tonight... Can't leave it to long though as Ford said that three tyres were Amber 3-4mm, one was Green 4mm+ and the spare was Red 0-2mm :-(

Going to ring a couple of local tyre shops tomorrow and find out a price for fitting, valves, tracking and alignment and then if I can get them done for a reasonable price I think I will go with the Toyo T1-R's. :p

Lawrence, If you are a really aggressive driver and like to scream round every corner, then you may find that the T1R does have slightly softer side walls compared to some. Normal driving, including a spirited blast now and then and you'd never know the difference in my opinion.

The good side to that is that it's a nice quiet tyre. If you want to go mad in the corners, get some 17" wheels / tyres with a 40 profile rather than the standard 50.

Great thanks Dal, Just ordered the tyres from Camskill (4 x Toyo T1R's 195/50R15 82V)

Total inc delivery £124.40 :p and tyre shop have said they will fit them and do tracking and alighnment for £65.00 so still under the £200 that I was going to pay to them for the 4 x Barum 195/50V15 82V's.

Ordered before 1pm aswell so I'm hoping that they will be dispatched today aswell.

Much appreciated for the tips and advice... :wink:

Just as well I was saved from buying them then :lol: Only looked at the Barum as thats whats on the car at the moment... Had an email that the tyres should be here tomorrow so they could even be on the car before I go to work tomorrow night!

Will keep you all posted ;)

Hi Welcome to the Club. Best colour you 've got there. I have a 2000 in black with under 45k on the clock.

I have to agree with the comments on shopping around for servicing. I had the Timing belt, two rear wheel bearings and a service done at Abbey Road Service Station, Durham for £360 all in.

Have fun with the car.

Kevin

Glad to hear you got them fine and are happy.

:eek:k:

Latest posts

Back