a white puma next?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crispy1980

seen a nice white one for sale. its got 120000 on the clock. had a full respray in white in may this year. couple of other touches to it like bucket seats etc. however, i did a text check on it and it comes nback as a cat d write off in may last year. what are everyones thoughts on this? the thing im concerned of is that is the have just repaired it and painted it this year wheres it been till now?

If it is cheap enough, and most importantly well repaired, then don't worry, but it needs to be cheap - you will struggle to sell it on, and may even struggle to get it insured. Plus in the event of another write-off, your payout will be quite low as it is on VCar.

see all this is making me think twice about it.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150481483394&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

does look damn nice though!

Mines a Cat D and I've had no problems whatsoever in insuring it or running it apart from the recent bearing issue which had nothing to do with the car but the mechanics who worked on it recently. I know mine was repaired correctly as I've discussed in other posts. Although a better job on the spraying of mine could have been done...lol.

When I eventually come to sell it I won't expect a stupid price for it. I tend to view my cars as an item that has a time of usefullness and when I decide it's had it's use then I sell for whatever anyone wants to pay for it as I'm usually looking for or already have a replacement.

I have a feeling that the first time in my life I may actually keep this one for all time as I've spent more on it in replacement and modified parts than all the other cars I've had in my life combined so it could become either a project/track car or something I keep maintained for a daily car while keeping something more exotic for special occasions.

Anyway, back on topic....
Just read the ad and if he knows it is a Cat D he HAS to tell anyone by law, so I can understand your suspicions that he hasn't. If he is the owner it should say on the front of the log book that the vehicle has been 'substantially repaired and/or accident damaged, identity checked on (date of vid)' ....cos mine does so there's no hiding the fact.

I'd ask the question and tell him your findings and make him aware of his legal obligations to disclose the fact that it is noted as a Cat D.

Looks nice though but in light of it's past it's not worth anywhere near his asking price despite how good he thinks the spray job is. It's 4 years older than mine, has 3 times the mileage that mine had less than 2 years ago when I bought it and I only paid £1400 then (Oct 08)

I'd have told him it comes up as damaged as he might not actually know about it as it doesn't say what Cat' damage on my log book and if you don't know what your looking for you could actually miss the fact.

Then again, he could be a con man trying to rip off an unsuspecting buyer.

dont touch it,he is denying its a cat d write off,if im right i think he put a thread up on the "other site" when he resprayed it in may

Back