Mud Flaps

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Administrator
Staff member
I've got to do some work on the bottom of the front wings on mine, behind the wheels, as there is very little paint left on them from stone chips :(

I've been thinking of treating them and painting them up nice, then fitting some proper Ford Puma mudflaps front and rear to stop it happening again, and protect the new paintwork.

What do people think on puma mudflaps on silver cars? Good or bad?

Examples:

DSC_0147.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

flaps.jpg

Mines lowered 40mm ish BTW.. would they rub on hard cornering?

They should be sound mate :eek:k:

Or you could go for some cannons on the front but i know your not aas keen on them :?

Ive got the ford oe ones on mine and i think they look nice, not sure how much benefit they give though

Yup. I got mine and Cherie's at Ford. You can get them from Pumabuild as well, but after posting you'll pay more.

Ask for a discount at Ford, they'll probably give you 10% ;)

I was pleased to have got £10 for mine when I removed them and sold them off.

Hideous and certainly not suitable attire for a sporty car, okay for an SUV or something. As nasty as adding one of those 'anti-static' things to the rear of the car or those plastic door-edge protectors with a reflector on :?

I don't have any more/less stonechips than other people's Pumas despite not having them for the past 17 months.

Functional yes. But then you should buy a 5 door Fiesta instead.

I have a huge stone chip (I mean it is the size of a pen!) in front of my nearside front door, which would have been prevented by fitting mudflaps earlier. It is just luck (and driving style among other factors) whether or not you get more sans mudflaps...

A lot depends on the roads you drive on. If most of your motoring is urban then there is a lot less in the way of grit and gravel on roads that are somewhat better tended than those out in the sticks.

For an FRP, front flaps are essential, unless you want regularly to respray the front of the rear arches.

Latest posts

Back