418 is of to get the new engine

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
paulob1 said:
not sure he is into twostrokes...

Personally i'll take anything thats going! lol

Been watching your cars progress with interest and look forward to the outcome.

Cheers

Ally

Dyno today, am excited again, should then have my new Lotus and the Puma back at about the same time...now which car to drive, lotus or turbo puma, lotus or turbo puma...

bad news, dyno and new manifold worse than old manifold, so we are going to go for a bigger bore manifold, a GTX turbo, will then fit the old manifold and turbo to the third puma where 300 bhp will be enough. Its a big job getting the engine to 350/360 bhp and maintaining driveability......however to my eyes if the power flows at high revs then i will not smash the gearbox at low revs..so am not overly bothered with building power...

I will have my pumas running this year...I will...

it is a bit too much really Chris, but I just wanted to do it...and the latest dyno figures are 370 bhp. To be honest she is quick enough with 220 bhp in the n/a car, that simply flys along when on song but is totally driveable when not, the turbo cars power starts at around 3000 and builds fast..with the old 320 bhp turbo on the motorways it was a fantastic feeling to power away at almost any reasonable speed and leave most everything standing. Cannot wait to se how much better she is with 370 bhp... the n/a car was a very involved drive just as the std FRP before, a little bit more scary and really on the edge of the cars abilities, it really isnt the best cornering car with its short wheelbase, its urge to go around itself is great..you most certainly cannot work with cheap tyres...and the brakes need to be tip top...lowering the car isnt really practical, maybe an inch at the absolute most which does very little to the handling. I am going to get myself a proper rear wing to try and give me a bit more grip on the corners but ultimately the turbo car will just be a point and shoot kind of a car that can go nicely round corners if you do not go in too fast...its one of the best cars ever for fooling people, no one on this planet expects a puma to be fast except those in the know...

yes going to collect it today, and take the 220 engine back...needs a rebuild...but she is going to be fun, cv joint gone but chris will do that for me...I will get her on the road and have a play...may have to bring it to you chris to have the brakes properly set up...she needs to be tip top, and I am going to get onto GAZ for some even heavier springs...these ones are just not good enough..

exciting indeed...

going to be a nice day to collect the old girl..371 bhp will be fun to play with...

woah, brought the old girl home, she moves like a scalded cat from 4000 to 6000 rpm, not taken her over 120 yet but she is pretty damn quick in fifth...not eveb tried to hit the throttle flat in any other gear as of yet...got to get the CV joint done and sort those blasted Gaz coilovers, I forgot how bad they are on the front...but the rear ones are hard...she isnt very balanced yet, but the brakes are working fine the radio works and she has an oil leak already...think the oil filter is leaking...will sort it...

Latest posts

Back