Another quick MOT question

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Shit Fiesta #02 has it's Judgement Day (otherwise known as an MOT next month). Question is, if I were to put it in early, and it were to fail, would the previous MOT be valid until it's expiry date?

Thanks

Technically yes I think, but if it fails on something that makes it unroadworthy, a copper might think otherwise?

EDIT: Found this:

http://www.mottest.net/mot/mot-failure-question/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If car fails MOT is the old test certificate still valid until its expiry date?

Well the answer does not seem to be found on any of the government information about the MOT test, so we emailed VOSA with this question and this is their response:

"An MOT certificate is valid until its expiry date. However if your vehicle fails a test before this date and you do not rectify the defects then you are driving an unroadworthy vehicle which is an offence."

So to put this into context if your car fails the MOT due to illegal tyres then you are driving an unroadworthy vehicle, you were driving unroadworthy vehicle before the MOT, and you will be driving an unroadworthy vehicle until you get a new tyre. Therefore at anytime if caught you would be subject to a £2500 fine and 3 points per illegal tyre.

However once you get a new tyre your car is roadworthy and the old MOT is still valid until its expiry date, thus you can then drive your car again and get it retested to your timescale, with out worrying about driving without an MOT.

Good point. I think it really is destined for the scrappy if it fails. Shame, as although the bodywork really is crap, the engine is fantastic :(

Gonna put it in next week. Got three days off and bugger all to do, so it'll kill some time.

Dont forget to strip the best bits from it if it does fail. Has it got a leather steering wheel?

It's got stitching down the sides, but it's not leather.

Quite possibly mate - although if my sister is still willing to sell me her Fiesta, it will need renaming, as it's actually quite good.

Only a part conversion lol

I'll actually be going backwards in a way, as the current Shitbox is a 1.4 Ghia 5 door, and my sisters is a lowly 1.3 LX with no power steering.

I don't know, typical of a manufacturer. start off a special edition range of cars which is loved by many and then by the third generation end up with a diluted down version of what was once a great special edition :lol: :D

:D

I could always break with tradition and get a Corsa or something! Part of me actually quite fancies a Clio :)

That's even worse. have the promise of a third generation of the edition and then anounce it won't actually happen :lol:

If you are thinking about getting a corsa with the intent of turning it into a rust bucket that doesn't make it past it's next MOT, I'm all for that :lol: :D

I could always keep the Fiesta and cultivate it into a rust farm? It's doing pretty well at the minute. Obviously that'd mean I couldn't drive it, but it'd make a nice static display :p

Back