Another Strange Noise!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Van_Dammesque

Sounds like a clicking noise (like a zip tie or chattering relay) not particularly loud (lower than the crunch on ABS self test).
It sounds like it comes from of the front passenger well.
It only happens when going approx. 3-4 mph (even when coasting) and if I go less or greater than 3-4 mph is is gone all together.
It is a new noise after just had the rear left brake and drum fitted with new bearing. Front ball joint done on the left too.
ABS seems to work OK (no vibration through pedal) and the lights disappear after starting. When emergency braking everything is fine also.

Please help!

might be the gap on one of the abs sensors is to big... had this on mine after my rear disc cinversion, sounded like the abs was on, even thoug you didn't feel anything from the pedal....

might ofcourse be something compleetly different :)

Cartman said:
might be the gap on one of the abs sensors is to big... had this on mine after my rear disc cinversion, sounded like the abs was on, even thoug you didn't feel anything from the pedal....

might ofcourse be something compleetly different :)
I have mentioned the abs becasue it does sound like the abs noise but very low, could it be the solenoid relay/ pump thingy that controls it all?

Thanks.

no, I'm thinking more of a gap in the abs system, didn't yo9u say you just had the rear brakes redone? one of the tonerings might be wrong.

Cartman said:
no, I'm thinking more of a gap in the abs system, didn't yo9u say you just had the rear brakes redone? one of the tonerings might be wrong.
Yeah, I'll check that out, thanks!

I should add that it only happens when going over a certain speed (say 20 mph-ish) and then reducing speed to 3-4 mph. If I go, say, 5 mph above the speed it clicks at (once the clicking has already happened) the noise does not reappear when reducing speed!
If I ignore it what do you think would happen? Is it safe or will the abs eventually pack in?

Thanks.

Cartman said:
if it's the abs, nothing will happen :) but i would get anoyed :)
Thanks for the reply, I will wait and see for now then, I have just forked out £400 over the past few weeks!

Latest posts

Back