Beware this car Beware this seller Do not buy it

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried that a couple of days ago Bailiffs cant act without a court order, cheers for the thought though :grin:

These cretins deserve all they get for being too stupid to put a reserve price on their auction!

zinc2000 said:
I have to say that good price or not, walk away from it, there are more genuine cars and sellers out there.

Agree....

Theres plenty of puma's out there! walk away from this one.

I just had a bid cancelled on another so far cheap Milly, again in Yorkshire, the alleged reason "There was an error in the listing"

The seller has recieved a shot accross their bow today from a completely out of left field source as far as they are concerned.

I await further developments.

he sounds more like a scammer, send your money and nothing gets delivered...ebay and gumtree are full of them...although I have only had it happen once to me....luckily I smalt a rat before I sent the money...

Well I swung past again today and the Milly has gone from the car park where it was.

Well to recap Buying at auction even after you have paid doesnt give you ownership, ownership only passes to the buyer when its given willingly by the seller.So any plans of just snatching it had to be put aside.

The seller insists its scrapped but on at least two occassions she lied about this so I dont know if its a true or not.

I got my refund from ebay today which is ok but not a win yet. Oh and the slippery mare tried to get me arrested for harrassment :zzz: and failed :eek:k:

I think I will take the small claims court route and sue for breach of contract to recover the money I would have earned if I had received the car I had bought.

I have broken the Boggie over the last three or four months for in excess of £1200 and I still have stuff left to sell so I'm looking to represent myself and to seek around £1500 from the seller. I represented myself in a landlord dispute against a Barrister a few years ago and won so Im actually looking forward to it. Again its not about the money or the car its about getting a bit of justce against ebay piss takers. :)

Nice to get an update, have to secretly admire your tenacity, I would have given up once I got a refund.

Good luck and keep us posted :thumbs: :thumbs:

I had this a few years ago re: eBay.

I was after a Mercedes C Class and was watching quite a few on eBay and two specific ones are of note:

1. Where I bid on the car and won in the end - but then the seller refused to sell it to me claiming that it had gone too cheaply and he wanted more - so refused to sell. eBay could do nothing as the seller claimed to eBay that the vehicle was wrecked.

2. Where a fully specced that I was bidding on and the price was cheap (around £900) and suddenly all these new bidders appear (just registered) and the price is now £2000. I reported the seller as his mates were shill bidding for the item to bump the price up.

Don't get me wrong - eBay is a wonderful tool for viewing, buying and selling everything - but when it comes to older cars there are some real wankers out there.

Latest posts

Back