Black.....Project Thread

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, sussed it. I said the mondeo's were M12 which is right!

The standard ones are M10's which is right.

I think the confusion is that the 13mm people are on about is the head of the bolt i.e the socket size.

Thought I was going mad for a moment...lol

M10 bolts should be 17mm across flats
M12 bolts should be 19mm across flats

According to BS3692 anyway.

Ah! they're flanged bolts as standard ain't they?

ISO 4162 says an M10 is 12.35mm across flats so that's probably why a 1/2" driver probably fits better than a 13mm.

:eek:k:

yippeekiay said:
No socket big enough to take them off????

It's only an M12 socket (I think 17mm or thereabouts) to take out the 2 caliper bolts which I'm sure you must have or were you thinking of taking off the hub nut? That's a 32mm I think which I can believe you might not have. I have a 30mm for the back and thought Ford would've made the buggers the same size but I guess they were trying to make it awkward as usual....lol

Yes mate.. couldnt get the calipers off... I know the difference between a caliper bolt and a hub nut :p

I haven't really got any tools here to work with at all... hence the comment only have a diddyset - well it's Andys and only goes up to 12mm and need a 17mm...

hellfrauds rachet spanners on sale at the mo £40 think they life time as well! worth buying if you aint got any! i paid £150 for my snap on ones!

oo tempting as that is mate it's gonna be at least a couple of months before I can spare some cash for a decent tool kit.. got too much going on atm lol

DAN-HN said:
Loving the plastic trim you painted at the front, think I might do it for mine, do you think it would turn out well in silver ?

Cheers muchly :)

if you mean the plastic on the bottom on the front bumper then aye, if it's done properly... Dal has his colour coded and looks good :)

Just get some grey primer and moondust paint, after a quick sand and that should give a fair quality, from the can do you think :-D ?

I didn't even realise that they were'nt painted the same colour as the car...lol.

I would have thought a quick sand/clean, primer and paint (indoors preferably) would look decent enough DAN. Might have to look at doing that myself as I'm bored at the moment and need to spoil myself and waste some cash even if it's only a few quid before I go mental....lol

yippeekiay said:
I didn't even realise that they were'nt painted the same colour as the car...lol...

Lol. I didn't realise my car was different to others for weeks after I bought it!

:lol:

Latest posts

Back