Black.....Project Thread

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks muchly :D
The alloys need abit of a refurb though lol bit corroded!

new front gille?
Ive sprayed both of my front grilles silver ;)

D.I.Y jobby

Gotcha... :) Good work. Im completely new to this so id imagine im gonna ask a lot of rather dense questions for a while :)

zarablackcoupe said:
what colours your puma mate? should do a poll and see what others' opinions are :)

just a suggestion

mines silver (silver 1.7 project thread!) think im gonna go with silver??!! i`ll add it to my to do list! lol!

aye, I think unless you have a theme going and it won't stand out too much then Ithink the same colour as the car is a safe option :eek:k:

In the 1st pic of your exhaust back box looks like it is lopsided. Is that normal? because mine looks like that too and I assumed it was missing a hanger or something.

it's normal, all of the exhaust mounts are in place :)

if it's not hangind low I wouldnt worry about it

Not hanging low and I like the look of it being offset. I didn't think there was much wrong with mine but I queried it when I had it in for an oil change and the guy in National Tyres said it needed a new section because the bracket was broken. Didn't believe him though.

Love your hazy blue indicators, great little mod.

just jack the car up and have a look underneath and give it abit of a shake... you'll soon know whether the braket is broken :eek:k:

cheers muchly, they are much brighter and as you say a great mod :D - the links posted in here sumwhere for the bulbs themselves

Very nice Zara :D

Shame i'm not coming to the Leicester meet it's been ages since i've seen the gang!

Thanks muchly mate :D

Sure you'll see everyone soon, you got ya own gang at hom now Big Daddy :D

More of an update really....

last couple of weeks managed to get some little jobs sorted out :)

FINALLY got the oil leak sorted and turned out to be the rocker cover gasket leaking after all even after Id checked the back of the engine with no signs of any oil, but after having the plastic cover off and the rocker cover itself, leads out and oh my the plugs were swimming in oil...
Resealed the gasked (cheers Chris :) ) and some new Denso Iridium spark plugs = a happy me and a happy Black :D

Next couple of weeks the brake hoses will be changed for Braided (hopefully) and get my wobbly knob sorted once I have the gear linkage and a little mod with a bolt ;)
Calipers will be painted silver and the rear drums sanded down and done in gloss black :)

By June Im hoping to have the suspension parts and get her dropped 40mm and an FRP front splitter for her :)

Thanks to the lovely weather and a nice early shift at work today I got on with my brake drums :)

Passenger side before

SDC11414.jpg

Abit of cleaning and sanding down

SDC11417.jpg

SDC11415.jpg

Painted

SDC11418.jpg

SDC11420.jpg

And behind the wheels

SDC11421.jpg

SDC11422.jpg

The other side is the same so didnt bother with pics
Really pleased with how well they have came out :D

Cheers Chris :eek:k:

Really chuffed with them and look much much better than they did before!

Front monster calipers next :)

lol. bring on the TUB of hammerite for them!

I am so flipping eager to get on with sorting my brakes but I am waiting for parts so for now the puma is suffering a bit and feeling VERY left out.

Tub of hammerite in smooth silver at the ready, keep the sun shining and away!

Lol it's about time mine had some attention, moving down here with Andy has freed up some cash each month so I can now spend some on her :D

next few months is the suspension and the FRP splitter :D

very nice!

I just gotta finish these last 2 weeks of uni before I can start the massive rebuild of my puma. I am sure you have seen the pics of just a fraction of the parts I have ready for it.

Latest posts

Back