cavity between cylinders 2 and 3

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cj2013

Hi guys

Having taken the inlet off today to get easier access to locking the flywheel I saw that there's a cavity between the inlet ports for cylinders 2 and 3.

Don't recall this being an issue on the last puma when I did the HG, but as you can see on this one it seemed to contain a lot of oil which it was dribbling across the gasket.

Can anyone shed any light on this? It could be something simple, just thought I'd ask whilst I'm inside for the night

cqo4.jpg

I had a feeling it was connected, the block seems quite clean apart from the overdue a change oil leak which I had already seen was leaking from the cam cover gasket.

Every part I remove on this car I find an issue :-D

Must be quite common for people to be confused by this, wasn't searching for it at all but saw

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=19495&hilit=ebay+radiator&start=125

SENATEpumA said:
We removed the air inlet and found oil oozing out from the head. Hmm... don't think that's normal!

Tom suspects the head may be cracked, hence the volume of oil it would consume and it's like to 'top out' at high speed.

So, looks like the MOT failure was a blessing, as if it had passed, the engine probably would of given up soon after!

Maybe they saw the same thing - don't get me wrong, not saying there's an issue :p

Latest posts

Back