central locking not working

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FGK

Hi all, the central locking on my puma isnt working properly the only door that works is the passenger door ,the boot button doesnt work or the drivers door was just wondering if any body had some ideas before i go taking door cards off and poking about ,thanks in advance.and hope this is in the right section . :wink:

anybody ? can you help? is this a known problem ,could it be the solenoid in the door lock ???

Can you work the central locking from inside the car, ie push the door lock on the drivers door, does it then lock the other one?

Puma locks seem to be bit of a weak area, sometimes though only need lubrication

I have a similar issue with mine that I am due to pick up tonight. Apparently it will only lock and activate the alarm & the immobiliser from the passenger side. If you do it from the drivers doors the alarm goes off. Once it is home I will have a thorough play so am very interested in this thread.

Good luck

Just a quick update on mine, the central locking works fine when you push in the drivers handle, didn't want to test the fob as the previous only owner said it sets the alarm off :lol:

More tinkering tomorrow following a good clean inside and out firstly.

Another update

I took the fob apart today and cleaned it all up inside as it was dusty/dirty I also changed over the cr2032 battery (pack of 8 from 99p store) that I had for watch replacement. I did the key reprogramming and hey presto fully working/double locking remote system. So that was an easy fix. Aparently the previous owner had taken the car into Haynes who couldn't get it working!

tried reprogramming the key still not working,the drivers door doesnt lock or open the other doors from inside the car ,was thinking about taking the solenoid out from the door lock and giving it a good clean anybody got any tips or hints for getting this working ???

checked the micro switch on the back of the drivers lock with a continuity test, the switch seems to be working, how do i check the sender unit which i think is in the passenger door ? any ideas welcome.

anybody got any ideas on this is there seperate relays for o/s and n/s locking ,seperate fuses anything ??? all ideas welcome.Thanks in advance :grin: ps i havent got any owner manuals to look at as the car didnt come with any.

update on central locking ,it has now completely packed up so that means the drivers door unlocks with key not the fob as does the boot ,the passenger door is now permanetly locked wont open with key ,fob or pulling the handle from inside so its totally knackered ,how do i replace the central locking control unit ????or does anybody have any ideas really need help on this ,cheers.

well after no info that fixed the problem had to just wing it ,fixed the passenger door by pushing the interior handle in as if to lock it with some force and what would you know it cycled the locking solenoid and the door would now open with the key and the fob also the interior handle.Drivers door which has been replaced prior to me owning the car, checked all wiring and what would you know the god damn plug for the central locking solenoid on the drivers lock was not plugged in but jammed up inside the door as if it was plugged in only came free when i gave it a good tug ,so plugged it in and now the drivers side works ,the car has central locking and dead locks now yeee haaaa,i thought ..... no bloody boot remote locking ,but when double pressing boot button on fob with head inside the boot you could just hear a small noise and no more so stripped out carpet in boot where the solenoid is and operated it by hand a couple of times and whalla the bugger is now working must have been sticky so all in all well pleased as its working as it should,thanks to all who replied, much appreciated :grin:

Glad you got it sorted mate. I managed to get my boot release working today after I had done my dreaded cam belt service. I could hear the solenoid working but the boot would only open on the key, following a strip back of carpets the release cable had come astray from the plastic lug attached to the solenoid. After scrapping my hands I managed to relocate it. Working off the fob and boot button, a really successful day!

nice one m8, it is rather tight in around the solenoid like everything else on this car,but it is satisfying to eventually get everything working .

Back