Clutch Replacement

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, I have been on a search for clutch kits for my 1.7 puma and I wanted to find out from you guys what is a reputable brand that is also reasonably priced.
Mine had a genuine Ford clutch fitted by Chris at Allison Automotive in 2022, as part of his engine out and major service.
I understand LUK are well regarded, but I'm sure others will be able to give you some specific advice.

I have a LUK clutch in my fiesta with puma engine and has been spot on.
It doesn't get driven very sympathetically and has been used on track a few times.

I also had a LUK clutch in my mk2 focus, but the pressure plate failed after 5 years and 30k of normal use.

Yes, I think lol. Not been in the garage for a while so I hope it's still in there :ROFLMAO:

I sorned it just before Covid in March 2020 so it's been parked up for 4 years & counting. It's due a start up & airing off as I do that anytime I mow the lawn which should be soon :unsure:
Might as well replace the petrol and oil in it 😆. But I'm a big fan of the rx8 and I hope it starts up all well. It's my dream car 😁.

I was going to start it yesterday as I was planning to mow the lawn but somehow time flew by & today is raining.
As for fuel, I pumped out a ton in 2022 as it was almost full (I'd filled up in Oct 2019 & only drove it a few miles) & put it into my other car.
Keep meaning to fill up a few jerry cans with fresh fuel to put into it as the last time I started it I don't think it was happy at first but then was ok once it adjusted to it, either that or it just needed to blow off the cobwebs in the engine & get some of the (no doubt) crap oil circulating that's in it too :ROFLMAO:

Didn't realise you had dibs on it Mat, I'll remember that when you have your mid-life crisis & I'm drawing my old age pension if I get that far. :geek:
If not, I'll try to remember to leave it to you in my will 😘

Back