Epic Croatian Steering Wheel Group Buy

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got the original alcantara but wouldn't want to ship that as il never get any more of it!

My interior looks like new so if the shade was too much different it would look out of place.

Another alternative would be too retrim the top and bottom black and the sides an (Frp alcantara shade of blue) would that be possible?

Thanks

Everything is possible. This is not a serial production measured in thousands. He can do whatever you want!
I did exactly the same thing. Retrimmed top and bottom although steering wheel wasn't covered in leather on top and bottom originally

Could you see how much for Frp blue leather or suade and black leather at top and bottom.

With pics of the blue please.

Thanks

Evening all.

I would also be up for a re-trimmed steering wheel.
I could send you a sample of the Frp alcantara for a colour match if you want as I would like the nearest thing you have to it so I can keep my original wheel for shows and meets and have the other for day to day!

Anyway... Yep count me in!

Thanks

Regarding blue alcantara for FRP. I know Mr WR has some. I am not sure what kind and colour, but I know for a fact that he is dealing with one austrian supplier and gets all material from him only. As I said, I will take photo of it and try to make it look realistically. I am thinking of taking photo of it next to a clean sheet of paper; you all know what is white so perhaps that could be a good guideline? I don't know of other way of making good reference photo, I am affraid....
Having said this, I am affraid he won't be able to get hold of any other shade of blue alcantara. But let's wait and see

PS: I don't think sending your own alcantara would be much of a problem, but am almost 100% certain it won't affect the price of a retrim. As said in my other post the material usage is almost negligable, you are paying for his skill and time.

Yep, and for those who missed it the price is 60 £ per wheel plus postage costs

Why don't you send a small sample piece of the blue alcantara to one of the people here who have an original sample (for example - mikeFRP, Bentleya)?
They could compare and take a comparison photo to post on here?

Wild E. Coyote said:
Ok, guys! You will be, as I see, pleased to hear what I am about to say. I HAVE ALREADY contacted Mr. wheel retrimmer (Mr. WR) about two weeks ago. He is all for it. Also I asked him to prepare ALL THE colour and material options which will be photographed by me next week.
Wow! Excellent work Mr. Coyote - thank you for all the effort you've put into this so far. :thumbs:

I've updated the first post with the names of interested parties - can you also let me know what colour wheel you require, or if you're not sure, look up your reg number or VIN on ETIS:

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It should look like this:

http://f.cl.ly/items/143j0E1X342a202E291h/Screen%20Shot%202013-06-30%20at%2010.04.00.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If the option for reg number search is not available, either dig out your VIN and use that, or go to the preferences page and change the country to United Kingdom:

https://www.etis.ford.com/options.do" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Screen%20Shot%202013-06-30%20at%2010.05.25.png

Here's the bit of information we need:

Screen_Shot_2013-06-30_at_10.06.48.png

Wild E. Coyote said:
or those who missed it the price is 60 £ per wheel plus postage costs
Plus the cost of a beer for Mr Coyote. :-D

Oh, and PayPal commission I should imagine - I assume we'll be sending the money over to you to pay Mr. WR?

I am not sure on that one, to be honest. I.e. sending the money to me. Have to check that one; don't fancy having to pay income tax on that when I'll do my tax return claim at the end of the year! Have already advised Mr WR to sort out either paypal or some other deal for himself. You'll know all the details in due time :wink:

YOG said:
Why don't you send a small sample piece of the blue alcantara to one of the people here who have an original sample (for example - mikeFRP, Bentleya)?
Sounds reasonable proposal! I'll do that. Just need an adress to send it to. Feel free to PM me with that and consider it done!

Prices from Ian G:

Ian G said:
£10 per wheel to buy

£9 per wheel to ship within the UK

£40 to get the box to Croatia.

Now all we need to know is what it's going to cost to get the box back from Croatia to the UK once the wheels have been retrimmed.

Wild E. Coyote said:
YOG said:
Sounds reasonable proposal! I'll do that. Just need an adress to send it to. Feel free to PM me with that and consider it done!

Which one of you gentlemen, with a sample of the original blue alcantra, can PM "Wild E. Coyote" your address so he can send a sample to compare?

Ok, will look into it. Also, perhaps I would need an exact shipping adress in UK?

Edit: just had a look at our postal services. Online informative calculation in worst case scenario should be in region of up to 60£.
Will check tommorow at one of the offices....

I'd 100% be interested in a minty fresh FRP suede/Alcantara and grey suede/Alcantara mix for my FRP. I recently had my focus steering wheel re trimmed in Germany and the blue suede they have used looks identical to the FRP Alcantara. I have some blue Alcantara spare to ship off to do a colour match if needed.

Latest posts

Back