Epic Croatian Steering Wheel Group Buy

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my sample today for the FRP fabric, but unfortunately it's a little bit light compared to the FRP fabric. Ill try and get some pics if my phone picks later it up.

By light, do you mean thin? It is original alcantara... Maybe they have different thickness or something? But the colour is OK?

Have a look here: http://www.alcantara.com/uploadedFiles/files/ColourCard_Alcantara_Auto.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BTW; the FRP one by the colour is code 6408

I would think Ford purchased original alcantara and that was it :?: Maybe some padding would do the trick?

I may be mistaken, but I belive I heard that ford special orderd the alcantara for the frp's in a slightly different shade of blue than standard, and that the material that ford got, was all that was made. And if one wanted more, one had to buy a whole lot, something like 400meters or something, I can't recal at the moment...

It may be the lighting on my I pad, bit I thin åk it looks slightly dark compared to my frp doorkards, and rear seat...

Sorry, my reply was unclear, I was busy at work. It's the colour that's different not the weight. The FRP Alcantara is deeper more vibrant shade of blue. When you put the 2 next to each other, the new one looks duller and lighter

Agreed,

I have original and the closest standard alcantara and that is closer to a navy blue, not a vibrant as the FRP blue which was a special order.

There are a few people with some of the original material and indeed pleanty of rear seats floating around which are generally as new which has enough for 1 maybe even 2 wheels.

mine is in the for sale section at the moment !!

PumaNoob said:
Sorry, my reply was unclear, I was busy at work. It's the colour that's different not the weight. The FRP Alcantara is deeper more vibrant shade of blue. When you put the 2 next to each other, the new one looks duller and lighter

I would be interested in a re-trim as per the wheel in the original thread/post.
Are we any further on how payment would be made?

I have spoken to Mr WR about it. As I am just a middle man, I would rather not stand in the way of cashflow in any way. He said he would provide me with the account number; he is not keen on using paypal for some reason. Don't know why, I think he had some bad expirience in the past, but that is his decision!
My suggestion would be to the simplest thing; someone of you to collect all the payments and then send the money to him directly at once.
All things being as they are, I think (and hope) this makes some sense?

I'm happy to take care of payments and forward the appropriate amounts to Ian G and Mr WR. I'm well practised at this, what with the Christmas meal and the arch replacement group buy.

I don't really want to hand out my bank details, so it'll have to be via PayPal or Stripe which means a 2.9% + 30p surcharge. As an example, on the assumption that 10 people participate, the total cost for a wheel (£10) + postage to Croatia (£4) + wheel retrimming (£60) + return postage to UK (£6) + postage of retrimmed wheel to your house (£9) = £89. Via PayPal that will be £92.34.

I'll get an online survey up to collate people's requirements - i.e. whether they're supplying their own wheel, or buying one from Ian G, what colour wheel they require, and which materials / colours they want on the 4 quadrants of the wheel.

Rob,

Just get people to send it as a personal payment owed/gift, then there is no paypal fees which is what the events organisers do as effectively you are only handling the money on their behalf, not keeping it.

Simon
evilrob said:
I'm happy to take care of payments and forward the appropriate amounts to Ian G and Mr WR. I'm well practised at this, what with the Christmas meal and the arch replacement group buy.

I don't really want to hand out my bank details, so it'll have to be via PayPal or Stripe which means a 2.9% + 30p surcharge. As an example, on the assumption that 10 people participate, the total cost for a wheel (£10) + postage to Croatia (£4) + wheel retrimming (£60) + return postage to UK (£6) + postage of retrimmed wheel to your house (£9) = £89. Via PayPal that will be £92.34.

I'll get an online survey up to collate people's requirements - i.e. whether they're supplying their own wheel, or buying one from Ian G, what colour wheel they require, and which materials / colours they want on the 4 quadrants of the wheel.

Blue3 said:
Rob,

Just get people to send it as a personal payment owed/gift, then there is no paypal fees which is what the events organisers do as effectively you are only handling the money on their behalf, not keeping it.

Simon
Nice idea, Simon. However:

Firstly, speaking from experience with the arch replacement group buy, there are still fees if people send a 'gift' or 'payment owed' using their credit or debit card - it is only fee-free if the user already has a credit balance in their PayPal account (or pays using their bank account as a payment source).

Secondly, PayPal get a bit funny about receiving large amounts of gift / payment owed transactions either in terms of quantity or value; if everyone who's expressed an interest participates, it'll total about £1800. I have seen it before where they freeze people's accounts and stuff; not a good idea! Given that I already accepted a bunch of personal payment owed / gift transactions earlier in the year, I'd rather not chance it.

For convenience, I'll probably do it all via a Wufoo form with Stripe integration as their 2.9% + 30p fees are slightly lower than PayPal's at 3.4% + 30p.

When are all payments expected and whats an approx turnaround time of recieving them all back with the current amount of people interested?

Couple of questions:

Can the sections top and bottom of the wheel (grey in the pics of the one completed in the first post) be changed to any colour (Im thinking red) but still the same material? (leather)

Also can the snitch be any colour?

grayfox said:
Can the sections top and bottom of the wheel (grey in the pics of the one completed in the first post) be changed to any colour (Im thinking red) but still the same material? (leather)

As I'we read the info, I asume that you can yes. he has several colours, and it wil be possible to specify what color, at what section. and what material.

givven that he actualy has the desierd colour/material, it would be perfectly posible :)

grayfox said:
When are all payments expected and whats an approx turnaround time of recieving them all back with the current amount of people interested?

Couple of questions:

sorry, didn't see this question. Please, do have a look at one of previous posts of mine with a selection of colours. All the samples are really good quality leather, much better then OEM would use. I this know for a fact; one small firm in Croatia is doing head rests for Johnson Control who is supplier for the front seats for merc C-class, volvo V40, toyota auris, skoda octavia and so on. The quality of that leather is laughable compared to the ones used by Mr WR.
And yes, you can specify any combination you like (don't forget the thread options as well) and you could order a 4 colour steering wheel if wanted (not that I like it, or, worse!, recommend, but it is doable). Also, every sample of leather can be perforated as well

Edit: quest63 wanted darkgreen leather. It is possible, and he'll get it no problems. The colours shown are just a selection of two collections. I just diidn't have the time to picture them all; if you have any specific desires, please ask, and I'll take pictures of those specific colours. These which were posted are the most common ones

Superb :)

I have aquierd an extra frp rear seat bench, and I was going to remove the frp blue alcantara from it, so that I could have the right color, and I was thinking that I wouold donate the exsess fabrik. so that one or more (not shure how much goes into a wheel) could get a true frp retrim as well :)

Back