Epic Croatian Steering Wheel Group Buy

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll visit him and take a photo of cutting pattern for the 3 and 9 o clock sections (or handles, as quest63 calls them). From memory I would say one section sized like paper A4 would cover one wheel.... :?:

from the trimmers I have spoken to it is not quite that simple as the alcantara has to be stretched in a certain direction, so you cant just put the template on at any angle, worth asking your guy.

simon

if wild e coyte and the trimmer are good to go, can we start the process of ollecting funds from all those who want a wheel sorting?

cheers

gaz

Blue3 said:
from the trimmers I have spoken to it is not quite that simple as the alcantara has to be stretched in a certain direction, so you cant just put the template on at any angle, worth asking your guy.

simon

Very good point! I didn't know about that, as I have always used only leather to retrim my steering wheel(s). Will ask him and post teh reply, although he never mentioned anything like that so I assume it is not a problem...
Will check, anyway

Could do with some notice on which donor wheels are required so I can start getting them together. Better they're put aside speculatively than sold and holding up the box until I get more.

Really ought to pull my finger out and get this order form sorted out then, eh? :oops:

I'm on it!

Sound. Was hoping for a posh wheel ready for Rockingham btcc but not to worry. Hard work of all involved is appreciated

Just spoke to Mr WR. Regarding the alcantara it does have two directions. The material itself consists of small particles, I don/t know how to name them in english. Anyway, there is lets say downstream and upstream direction that affects the light and hence the appearance i.e. the color of material. That is something to be taken care of when doing a seat, especially if you are joining two or more parts together. But, on steering wheel it is pointless since it will cover the wheel in circular form and hence there will always be a section that is in 'right' and 'wrong' direction at the same time.
So, to cut a long story short: for retrimming the steering wheel only the sq. cms count! As long as you can provide him with ENOUGH material to cover the 3 and 9 o'clock sections (the handles) he can and will do it.
I hope to find enough time today to take a photo of pattern needed that will post here and from that you can calculate whether you have enough material

Cheers,

Visited Mr WR today and took some pictures.

For all FRP owners: this is the pattern you need to have in alcantara. Of course, you need two of those. I have put some rulers to get idea of size. Rulers were put on purpose: in width we are talking about 28 cms (no less) and in height we are talking 20 cms. That would make my estimated A4 size off mark by about 10 cms!

Sorry for the twisted photo, it is the lens on my crap camera......

Now, for the dark green leather, these are the options. They are a bit darker in reality; the sun is REALLY strong these days (37 C as I type). Again, sorry for the photos, not the best quality, I know

And each one separately

Trust me, this is green. On border to grey, but it is green!

The last two are a bit strange. If you were after dark green on verge of british racing green, I'd advise you to go for something from the first bunch of three....

Thought I would post this piccy up, it is the guy who bought bays frp and has had his wheel trimmed in leather and alcantara airbag is wrong colour so leather is actually closer to true colour

Jup. Thats what I want. But I want black lether :)

Just a thought, as the alcantara seems to were pretty fast, would it be an idea to switch the positions? I meen lether, where the alcantara is, and alcantara where the lether is? Or would that just look weird?

Here we go, FRP Rear seat cusion Alcantara, all ready to go :)

76007_10153074893225596_1727338380_n.jpg

Just had a ring from Mr WR. He is eagerly waiting... How are we standing at the moment regarding number of wheels and also colors and leather options? He might need to restock some of the leather and would like a few days notice in advance...

I've been trying to figure out the best way of collecting requirements; from experience on the arch replacement buy, trying to do it all by Private Message / E-Mail is a pain in the arse. I think I've settled on setting up an online form with drop-down menus for people to specify whether they need a wheel, their plastic colour, and what material/colour/stitching they want on each quarter.

I should have this form and all the costs worked out over the weekend so we can get this moving!

I'm getting a piece of genuine Alcantara so I should have enough to do a few steering wheels so if anyone wants any let me know.

Blue3 said:
Hi Rob,

I wont be after one as I picked this up yesterday

Cheers

Simon

Picked up? what it was just there on the pavement all lost and lonesome like waiting for a new owner to find it? lol

Back