Fiesta st discussion thread

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found myself at a Ford dealer looking at a Frozen White ST last week. Fortunatley (for me), I didn't get round to talking finance with the salesman. I hate talking to car salesmen...

yes Neil - we've noticed that talking to car salesmen has a detrimental effect on your bank balance, then we see a flurry of activity on the 'What made your day' thread, followed shortly afterwards by similar traffic on the 'Grumbles, moans and rants' thread!

Brilliant drive can't get enough of it, the only bad things are the fuel tank size, (it's a it on the small side, average fill is about 45 lts) and the average MPG on the dash, it always reads about 2 to 3 MPG more than it actually does.

tank size isn't really a problem if you don't rag it - I get mid 30's around town and low 40's on a run (actual figures, not on-dash values!); what about you?

I've just ordered a new Focus ST-3 diesel as it was only £20 a month more than a Fiesta ST-3 on my works car scheme. Only downside is they've quoted me a 6 month wait

BenF said:
tank size isn't really a problem if you don't rag it - I get mid 30's around town and low 40's on a run (actual figures, not on-dash values!); what about you?

Yeah get the same, I don't rag it, always jump gears ie 3 to 6th when relaxed, the only problem is that like all the other car manufactures out there, they are trying to convince you that you are getting better MPG, (usual bull from the car lab for sales).
I would love to take a look at how the algorithm that calculates that sh.t on the dash, I can only think some poor old engineer has had to fiddle the figure to match the sales and CO2 data.

The funny thing is most people believe it. I have a mate who's son has a blue ST2, so I ask him to ask about his MPG, I can only apologise to the pub landlord as I spat my pint out when he said he had said that he was getting 60MPG on a run down Derby. Then again he's 19 and pays 3k on insurance.

The tank size issue, well no problem when there was a garage on every corner of a cross roads back in the 90s but now it's a problem for those who don't live near a supermarket and if you fill the tank when you do the shopping when it always seemed to be empty it's fine but it seems to empty fast when it gets down to the last 1/4. Land Rover lost a lot of sales for not giving the right size tank in Australia and South Africa that's how Toyota filled the gap in the market.

Ford Fiesta ST200 revealed ahead of Geneva motor show

An even more powerful and focused version of the Ford Fiesta ST has been revealed. The Fiesta ST200, unveiled at the Geneva motor show, will reach the UK in limited numbers the summer.

ford-fiesta-st200-qwerdfghm-225.jpg

The ST200 hot hatch uses a tuned version of the standard ST’s 1.6-litre turbocharged EcoBoost engine, with power increased from 180bhp to 197bhp, and torque increased from 180lb ft to 214lb ft.

These outputs are further increased, to 212bhp and 236lb ft, for up to 15 seconds through the standard overboost feature. Indeed, these higher figures give a better example of the ST200’s performance potential due to the length of the transient overboost.

ford-fiesta-st200-qwerdfghm-228.jpg

Tuning packages are already offered on the Fiesta ST that produce similar number, such as with the factory-approved Mountune packages, but the ST200’s modifications are much more extensive.

The final drive ratio has been shortened, to improve drivability and in-gear performance. The 0-62mph time in the Fiesta ST200 has been cut from the standard ST by 0.2secs to 6.7sec, and top speed increased slightly by 4mph to 143mph. The six-speed manual gearbox remains.

Other modifications include enhanced Torque Vectoring Control and three-stage Electronic Stability Control systems. The front steering knuckle has also been modified, as has the rear twist-beam to increase roll-stiffness. The front and rear damper settings are also new, with the centre of gravity having been lowered by 15mm. The steering arm has been shortened and the steering ratio is quicker, while the brakes have also been beefed up at the rear.

Ford has given the ST200 a new look, with a new silver grey paint finish called Storm Grey and 17in matt black alloy wheels and new interior detailing. The part-leather charcoal-coloured Recaro seats get contrasting silver stitching, the seatbelts have silver detailing, and the scuff plates are illuminated. The brake calipers are also painted red.

The ST200 will act as a swansong for this generation of Fiesta. Ford is known to have a new model in development, with the first sighting of the new model set to come in 2017.

Ford of Europe’s Joe Bakaj describes the ST200 as “a future classic in the making”. The ST has been a big hit in the UK in particular, with almost two thirds of the 30,000 STs sold in Europe finding homes here.

The Fiesta ST200 has been joined in Geneva by road and race versions of the new GT supercar, production of which for examples set for Europe is due to start later this year.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-geneva-motor-show/ford-fiesta-st200-revealed-ahead-geneva-motor-show

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEgUlswln-k[/youtube]

This was the eulogy that finally made me go and test drive one.

http://petrolblog.com/2013/07/blueprint-ford-fiesta-st/

Seen the price of that ST200?

http://www.tch.co.uk/news/say-hello-to-the-fiesta-st-200/

Production of the Fiesta ST200 begins in June with first deliveries to customers expected soon after.
The Fiesta ST200 is available to pre-order exclusive to FordStores now at £27,995, although availability and customer allocation is extremely limited. If you are seriously interested in the ST200 then please contact us now.

:pinkeye: :pinkeye:

Wha?

I was toying with a brand new one of those, but I wasn't anticipating a price like that. Think I'll wait a year or so and Mountune mine for comparable power :grin:

Great choice Neil. I would love one if it were practical for me and I could actually afford it!

So have you made peace with the front end styling then?

Back