Fuel Level indicator circuit failure

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aradia_nebula

My beautiful Puma appears to have died. Wondering whether I can do anything for it. On Saturday it started misfiring at low revs. I'd recently changed the spark plugs, changed the leads On Saturday and it made no difference, so fitted a new ignition coil. Didn't seem to make much difference.

This morning it started cutting out as I was slowing down.

Fuel light seems to be working fine, but getting error codes C1965 Fuel level circuit failure and C1967 low fuel indicator circuit failure. Am I right in thinking that my car thinks it has no fuel, even though it does?

Is it dead?

First thought is fuel pump, is your fuel gauge still working correctly?

Hi mate, my puma died.. this is only error in my ecu c1965.. resolve your problem? Help me please

Sounds just like what happened with my Puma when she died.

Luckily I was only 3 streets away from my house on a supermarket car park when it happened.

Started her up, started spluttering straight away as if it had run out of fuel.
Tried to start again - nothing.
Turned ignition on again and I couldn't hear the fuel pump prime yet she'd turn over as normal.
I immediately suspected the fuel pump so I checked the fuse under the bonnet which had blown.
I swapped it for a spare and she fired up right away, driven her home, changed the fuel pump, been fine ever since :thumbs:

A blown fuse is usually a sign of a failing fuel pump.

Can you hear your pump prime when you turn the ignition on?
If so, does it sound healthy (Not like a wearing/metal on metal noise.
Should be a quick 2 second humming type noise.

This may sound peculiar, but before you go changing the pump, try unplugging the MAF/airflow meter and seeing how it runs. I do agree it sounds like a dying fuel pump, but I've had it happen where I've changed the pump only to discover it displaying the exact same symptoms. Swapped the MAF over and she ran perfectly straight away. Worth a try.

My fuel pump work.. i listen the sound when turn on the ignition.. but the big problem is in the sparks not have energy!! already change Ignition coil, cables, camshaft sensor, crankshaft sensor.. Already check all instalation..

ECU? :(

Latest posts

Back