Grumbles, moans and rants

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are probably respecting your space. I'd much rather be left alone than be jumped on like a vulture which is/was usually the case not so long ago. I noticed a lot of dealers now being less predatory, which I much prefer.
If you want help, it's not hard to ask and less bother than trying to shake one of those leeches off you if they sniff a sale :lol:

Maybe true Yip but the guy in the suit who walked in after me was virtually waited on hand and foot as soon as he walked in

mmm....doesn't sound like my first thoughts of respecting your space. Sounds more like disrespecting you in assuming you can't possibly be able to buy a Merc if you don't wear a suit.
It's amazing how you can change someones perception of you by wearing a cheap suit. :lol:

I had to put petrol in my car today. First time in 6 weeks. Probably not as good as Yip's record, but my car is used most days!

A record I don't want. Last filled it up on 31st May. Bare in mind I'm lucky to get 250 miles to a tank so that shows how redundant the car is.

I just can't make the push to get rid even though it makes perfect sense. I should stop owning cars and just use a taxi or hire a car for longer journeys. Either would save me a fortune which I am currently being reminded of as insurance due in a week and my "super polluting" (sarcasm) £500+ tax in 5 weeks.

Oh, the beauty of hindsight.....

Dal said:
6 little pixels away from winning an F Type...

19046363504_7c0927cf69_c.jpg

6 bloody pixels!!!

7 pixels this time!

23066551446_4ca673475a_o.jpg

I feel your pain Dal, we were about that off it as well but above it rather than below. :/

At least I haven't had to buy a ticket for a good few weeks as paid with the "you were close - have some money back" reward.

Idiots at Scottish power have decided in their wisdom that my mother in law needs to up her D/D payments by £13 per month to cover her needs for 2016 despite her having been in credit to the tune of around £500 for the past few years :evil: :evil:

Now I reckon that's about another £150 per year......aye right!!

Needless to say I will be contacting them next week to point out the stupidity of that idea, but what if a pensioner gets the same sort of bill and has no-one to fight their case, makes me mad to think that their are probably people out there already paying the higher charges without question....

Get that £500 withdrawn from the account? Better in your pocket than theirs.

One option right enough but she is of the generation that likes to be in credit, reason being that she knows she can have her heating on 24/7 without worrying about paying for it.

Even if she did that however I reckon she will still be in credit this time next year without the need to increase the D/D

Damn idiots who supply my gas and electric (seperate suppliers) keep reducing mine when I repeatedly tell them to leave it where it is so I can accumulate credit over the summer months as it'll get mostly spent in the winter months as I, like your mother-in-law, like the buffer.

Increasing it when she's in so much credit though does indeed deserve a call and mouthfull. :thumbs:

My mother was over £800 in credit a couple of years ago as they'd kept increasing it.....they got a mouthfull from me and my mother got a much welcomed refund!!

Stupid car....who thought putting the spark plugs on the side of the engine so you have to take the front wheel off to change them was a good idea. Damn, the engines so small there's plenty of room to spin it round 90°!!

Wouldn't have been that bad but I've had to strip all sorts of crap out of the engine bay just to change the damn coils too.

Doesn't help with me trying to do it in the garage because I can't be arsed to pull it onto the drive :lol:

Never happy :lol:

I need to cheer up, mostly me in this thread hahaha

Well, one more to add.

Just got RX mot'd. Only covered 594 miles since last March yet I have to pay £505 RFL. Weird when it says my CO Emissions are 0.00% at both high and natural Idle and my HC are 1 ppm. Hardly polluting enough to charge nearly a £1 a mile in dirty tax !!!

:fists:

Today I ... still haven't washed the tanklet - it's filthy:

26028522535_1b476e653a_c.jpg

The country roads I traverse on the way to work are full of tractors at the moment and what with the wet weather, the roads are nearly dangerous with mud. If I cleaned it, it'd be filthy again the next day. :(

Still, at least it'll keep the stone chips at bay!

Karcher are doing 40% off all their products, until 28th March, using code Easter40 :cool:
https://www.kaercher.com/uk/
I've just ordered a WD4 Premium Vacuum and a Car Cleaning Kit, as I get into trouble pinching the Dyson!

I've got tons of Karcher stuff thanks mate - just no enthusiasm to use any of it! :lol:

Mines exactly like that as well at the moment with AWPR works ongoing near my house. I just wrote "DIRTY DIESEL" across the tailgate and left it like that for weeks. I just washed it on Tuesday for an interview - didn't think turning up in my dirty great tank would look very professional... It'll be manky soon enough again and I'll reinstate the label :eek:k:

Back