Grumbles, moans and rants

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went out cycling this evening with a group from a local club - and couldn't keep up...! I dropped off the back at 20 miles.

Spent most of the day clearing out the garage after a 'rain bomb' (pi$$ed it down in old money) hit our village yesterday and flooded it to the depth of 4 inches.

Drying out in the house at the moment is my as yet unused impact driver, cordless drills, garage hoover and boxes of Puma electrical spares. The biggest worry is my leather Recaros that I'd removed from the car a few days ago to investigate the pretensioner issues. I'm guessing a flash-flood of rain water and half an inch of silt won't be helping the connectors for the pretensioners....

hope you get it all dried out mate, water has a habit of getting to places you never even knew existed.

My garage came within a couple of feet of flooding last year up here, that was close enough thankyou

Got home from work today to find my poor Bubba cat in a bad way. My first thought was a car had hit him but I have since heard from the vet and they don't think his injuries are bad enough for that to be the case. His injuries look more consistent with either a cat fight (must have been a big bloody cat..) or someone has kicked him in the face. We have had a spate of missing and injuries cats (including one beaten and shot with a pellet gun) I'm my area and I really fear that some absolute f@#*ing monster had kicked him.

If that is the case, I will get arrested for what I do if I ever find that person.

ArtfulHussy said:
[post]353885[/post] Got home from work today to find my poor Bubba cat in a bad way. My first thought was a car had hit him but I have since heard from the vet and they don't think his injuries are bad enough for that to be the case. His injuries look more consistent with either a cat fight (must have been a big bloody cat..) or someone has kicked him in the face. We have had a spate of missing and injuries cats (including one beaten and shot with a pellet gun) I'm my area and I really fear that some absolute f@#*ing monster had kicked him.

If that is the case, I will get arrested for what I do if I ever find that person.

Sadly, where I work, we find out that there's a lot of this that goes on around the country. We have begun campaigning to various parliaments about it regarding the laws that affect animal cruelty such as this. Take a look here - http://www.cats.org.uk/what-we-do/cp-manifestos/cp-scotland-manifesto

I firmly believe that the laws regarding ownership and cruelty towards all animals is far too lenient. All three of my cats (and two dogs) are chipped and neutered. They never go hungry, even if we have to buy them the cheapest food available (as we have done when things were pretty damn awful) or buy them food before feeding ourselves. There is absolutely zero excuse for neglect or cruelty in any form. Unfortunately it's the human plague that's the issue and that is pretty much incurable. We've have more cats in the area going missing and return injured recently.

Also at the moment my local council, Aberdeenshire, has just granted planning permission to KNOWN AND CONVICTED puppy farmers to set up shop again. SSPCA already involved. To say the whole area is shocked, disgusted, appalled and f@#king outraged is an understatement. Can only assume someone's hands were crossed with silver. Absolutely vile.
https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeenshire/977984/dog-breeding-licence-application-at-site-of-former-illegal-puppy-farm-sparks-concern/

My moan for this evening, and it's that ever reliable staple - car insurance.

When the f**k is it ever going to get cheaper? I'm thirty two, have been driving for fourteen years, have thirteen years no claims, never been in an accident and live in a good postcode, so what is the problem? I can only just get it below £500. I was paying not that much more when I was twenty three and drove an FRP! I only drive a Fiesta ST, and whilst it's fun, it's hardly a 300bhp rocketship.

:evil:

It's a complete mystery - but based on statistics and they can be manipulated however the insurance underwriters prefer.

Best not mention my RS costs me £260

Weird thing is when you add your wife it normally gets cheaper, yet when I tried to insure the family barge in her name with me then added to the policy it went up by around £100 :!:

Does also make you wonder what if any insurance the 18/19 year olds have when they career around in almost new Golf gti's Astra turbo's etc
Saw one last week in a Turbo'd, lowered, fully body-kitted Vauxhall mini-people carrier thingy, he only looked 17, makes you wonder how much his insurance company knows about the car

Finally got round to inspecting the dent my beloved put in the C-Max....guess what? she has managed to push in a double skinned panel which is totally inaccessable from anywhere within the boot :evil:

Oh and the dent has a seam running down it as well.....oh goody

So after spending most of the week fitting new brake pipes (pain of a job) new fuel filter (quick release thingy did not do what it said on the tin) and polybushing the rear beam (absolute b*****rd of a job.)....got it all reassembled today, thought I would do a quick check to see if there was reason for no reading on the rollers from the offside rear other than the brake pipe splitting and now find the brake cylinders is seized b*****s and s**t and b****r :evil: :evil:

Latest posts

Back