Grumbles, moans and rants

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And now I find out that there were two different wheel cylinders used on my millie!!!! guess thats my free re-test out of the window then as it will be over the 10 day window by the time I get the right parts :evil:

I have just wasted almost two days trying to install a new printer only to find its actually the hard drive that is kaput and printer is most likely fine, however as pc now refuses to accept me as an administrator despite showing me as such it means I have no control over changes needed to install said printer :evil:
Tried all the online help things to access system admin account to fix problem and guess what...it wont even let me do that!!
New hard drive coming tomorrow but it means the "buttercup" fund has taken a bit of a hit :-(
Oh....Happy New Year guys and girls :grin:

Bit weird that you've lost admin priv's - is there any other signs of a failing disk? Noisy (Assuming not SSD), Slow? Applications crashing or hanging?

Pc locked me out of two accounts so far (over the last few months) comes up with one of these "user profile failed login" messages, no matter which way I tried, no way back in, no access to built in admin, hence new hard drive now installed with update to windows 10, will now simply plug the old one back in at some time to remove documents/pictures etc.
Now have to find my way round windows10 :?

Puncture on "carlos" the other night (thats the C-Max) so as no spare wheel......thankyou Ford for that.....slapped in some tyre weld to get her mobile and home.......not a problem, great stuff in an emergency.

Dropped the car into my local Budget Tyre branch in Ayr this morning...."sorry Sir unable to fix that as once you have used tyre weld we are unable to assess the tyre condition".........what a miserable excuse for sheer lazyness, tyre weld is easily washed out, does no damage whatsoever to the tyre as it is water based.
As for "assessing" the tyre condition, it had a puncture for Gods sake, there is no need to assess the tyre condition other than checking for splits, which funnily enough would be on the outside!!!!!! bunch of idiots :evil:

Now have a spare wheel from my local garage (£25 with a virtually new tyre on it) so that is on, will drop off the punctured one on Monday morning for them to fix, no doubt without any hassle whatsoever

zinc2000 said:
[post]360887[/post] Puncture on "carlos" the other night (thats the C-Max) so as no spare wheel......thankyou Ford for that.....slapped in some tyre weld to get her mobile and home.......not a problem, great stuff in an emergency.

Dropped the car into my local Budget Tyre branch in Ayr this morning...."sorry Sir unable to fix that as once you have used tyre weld we are unable to assess the tyre condition".........what a miserable excuse for sheer lazyness, tyre weld is easily washed out, does no damage whatsoever to the tyre as it is water based.
As for "assessing" the tyre condition, it had a puncture for Gods sake, there is no need to assess the tyre condition other than checking for splits, which funnily enough would be on the outside!!!!!! bunch of idiots :evil:

Now have a spare wheel from my local garage (£25 with a virtually new tyre on it) so that is on, will drop off the punctured one on Monday morning for them to fix, no doubt without any hassle whatsoever

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Emergency-Car-Van-Motorcycle-Tubeless-Tyre-Puncture-Repair-Kit-Tool-15-Strip-/331315776163?hash=item4d23f58aa3%3Ag%3AveAAAOSwvg9XZCAi&_trkparms=pageci%253A17cec892-0118-11e7-a379-0050568f6856%257Cparentrq%253A9afb9a9115a0a6a5ca2cdb88fffe2880%257Ciid%253A1

I drink Stella so when you see me you can say thank you ;)

:) You know I might just buy that, virtually the same as we used to use to fix punctures years ago before regulations took over, be handy to have.
Also discovered the Budget tyre place has a web site and a review section....they only had 5 reviews...they have 6 now :grin:

The government website gets my grumble today. Trying to swap the number plate over on the car to my wifes new one. It worked to take my plate off but the page to put a registration on isn't working which means the car is now stuck between my private plate and my wifes private plate on it's original plate..

..Now I guess I'll need to swap the insurance on to the original plate until I can put the new one on?? :evil:

We are sorry

This service is currently unavailable. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

This service should be available daily 7am - 7pm.

Please try again later.

So after the site finally came back on it turns out this is the only transfer part that isn't instant.

Take a plate off a car - instant
Put a plate on a car - instant

Except..if you take a personalised plate off of your car and want to put a different personalised plate on to that car.. then you need to wait for the paper V5C to arrive so you can use the latest reference number (and no they won't give this to you over the phone)

So now the car is stuck on the original plate for a few days.. what a stupid process.

:evil:

red said:
[post]362374[/post] So after the site finally came back on it turns out this is the only transfer part that isn't instant.

Take a plate off a car - instant
Put a plate on a car - instant

Except..if you take a personalised plate off of your car and want to put a different personalised plate on to that car.. then you need to wait for the paper V5C to arrive so you can use the latest reference number (and no they won't give this to you over the phone)

So now the car is stuck on the original plate for a few days.. what a stupid process.

:evil:

Also not instant if you've just bought a new (2nd hand) car and already own the plate, I had the V750 certificate but the garage arn't able transfer the new number at the same time as completing the 'new keeper' details. you have to wait until after the new paper V5C has arrived in your name...then you can go online do an instant 'assign' and DVLA send you out ANOTHER V5C with the new number. :evil:

Efficient! and yes I will have two V5c within a week and the fourth I've had for the car without losing one :lol:

And......

We're......

Flat. :evil:

Can't see a puncture and has only been on about 2 weeks!

There wasn't any pictures :p

But here you are

35006797415_e9413944e7_b.jpg

34165733384_09c35010ee_b.jpg

Nice to see the AA has got it's act together.
I lost my chain many moons ago (many many moons i.e. the last century :lol:) and they came to try and get me on my way after I'd told them I'd lost my chain so needed transporting home - with my bike.
When he finally arrived and couldn't fix it - obviously (unless he thought he had an exact chain for my bike in his van - NOT!), he said he'd have to go and get a trailer to tow the bike..you don't say!!!
2 hours+ sat on the side of the road spitting feathers before I finally arrived home. :roll:
I must have got the guy who liked time wasting on that day.
Needless to say, I didn't renew my policy with them :lol:

Yes, I've had it before where a van has been sent out without the facility to recover a bike which then wastes loads more time.

I got the bike back yesterday after Honda looked at it... their prognosis .. a manufacturing defect! :eek:

I knew it went down too fast to be a puncture, that and the fact there was no visible puncture mark.

Apparently it's really uncommon and the first they've had to send back.. that still didn't make me feel a whole lot better. "Guess I'm the lucky one then"

Anyway it was too rightly replaced free of charge.

Latest posts

Back