Hi newbie with noisy engine!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

will6749

Hi

Not 100% where to post this but when i drive along I now have noisy engine, was nice and quiet before.
Thought it was the exhaust as it sounds quite raucous when you put your foot down, Noise is not there on idle. Thought it might be power steering pump, alternator or tensioner wearing?

Still has the power etc which is why i dont think it is the actual engine itself.

Any ansers appreciated!

Will

Maybe a small blow from the flexi bit on the exhaust? The noise would come from sort of under the gearstick area.

Hi

Noise worse under acceleration, sounds like a V6! Noise only audible when car under load ie driving, car idle speed is fine but idle is not as smooth as it was and doesnt make the same load noise compared when it is driving.

Exhause been looked at so not that, have had a bit of vibration noise from the gearstick.

I was thnking a good point to start is take the aux belt off and see if the power steering pump and alternator turn freely?

In the morning the car seems to hang on to the revs when changing gear but this seems to go after car is warmed up and driven for a while, clutch has noisy bearing but is fine.

Car is 1.7 with 47k (I have had since 13K!) always serviced to,

Latest posts

Back