horn not working and i cant do without it! !

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarkie

i have an aftermarket steering wheel fitted to my car and the horn is wired in as you would expect on a button coming throught the center of the wheel with 2 wires leading to the button.

now i got into the car today and for whatever reason its just not working, i have not used my horn for ages so i dont know how long its been like that but it annoys me knowing it doesnt work if i need it.

i have checked fuses inside the car, and i did actually set my alarm off and the horn worked so i know it works.

however are there 2 seperate horns ie one for the horn and one for the alarm? or are they both the same?

and if it is the same then what other reasons could be causing my horn not to work, are there any other fuses or anything that could have gone to cause it?

other thing im thinking is it could be my indicator stalk :( im hoping not as they are expensive for such a small piece of kit but the contact is made when the boss connects with the indicator stalk to form the circuit.

iv had it all apart today and it does actually look like everything is as it should be i just cant figure it out.

any help much appreciated guys :)

I'm sure someone told me they are different horn's and the alarm one is in the car or something. I'd check the beep-beep horn under the front drivers wheel arch I believe to see if it's ok.

I'd let other's comment before you take anything I say as gospel....lol

simple fix, just get one of these....

South%20Africa%20Soccer%20WCup%20South%20Africa%20Mexico205719--300x300.jpg

lol this alaram horn... is it behind the driver side rear qtr panel? on a small bracket?

Back