Key fob

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickster30

I know this question/problem will have been raised numerous times!! Anyway this is where I am at, my 3 button key fob started working only intermittently about 4-5 months ago, some days it would open and unlock the car no problems, then other days nothing, this meant using the key in the lock. I have put an new battery in the fob, but still not change, I then tried the reprogramming technique; I turn the key numerous times quickly as directed and the fog light button comes on, I turn key back to start position and press any button, then the fog light button goes off and I hear a little click? So I try again and again and still the same!! I then tried about a month ago but turned key quicker and I had a bleep, pressed a button, the indicator lights flashed on dashboard, and bingo fob working again, I locked/unlocked car, then locked and then tried to unlock, and fob not working again!!? Now what the hell is going on?, I lifted up carpet by drivers door and disconnected the cable to reset the code system, but this did nothing, is the fob knackered? I am trading car in next week for a new one, but wanted this working at least for this, otherwise I will have to blag it and say the battery in fob has just gone? So I had another go, and it worked!! Only thing is I have to put the fob very close to the bottom of the windscreen for it to work?? Which is what I had to do the last time I got it working, is there a reason for this, or for it to keep losing the code???

Latest posts

Back