Leaking Brake Fluid Reservior

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshLaw

Hi All,

Hvaing had the clutch pedal master cylinder and main hose replaced and then the clutch / slave cylinder replaced (failed virtually straight after due to greater pressure in the system) - the car still seems to be losing brake fluid.

However it seems that it is coming out of the top of the reservior.

Does the reservior require replacing or are there seals that can be replaced or are there any other hoses that require replacing?

Is it coming out of the cap? It's a two piece cap with the level sensor. Make sure it's pushed together properly.

We've also had caps that don't seem to seal. Another cap sometimes solves that.

U need to solve the problem fast because not long time ago my pump started leaking fluid from the cap, lost pressure and the whole system fukd up, had to change the break pump and with a new cap + bleeding and dot and thank god now its ok

I thought it was brake fluid from the reservior - so I took the car down to my mech - turns out it was gear oil.

I recently had the clutch replaced and they overfilled with gear oil and it was expelling the extra. Its now stopped and the engine / gearbox has been degreased.

Back