My frp and big plans

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh573/mrgibbs93/VIDEO0028-0-0_zps6600d21c.mp4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:) ill get a 9500 video next time we run it

We pulled it at 9500 with the doors open and it was ridiculously loud my ears are still ringing lol

Kizza said:
mental!!! I have been looking at making my run to 8k ish once its finished (when that will be I don't know :roll: ) im going to be running a little supercharger to help along with the power but what do you recon I will need to do to the head to get it up there (minus the ecu mapping I will need of course)

cheers Kieran

The best way to do it is set yourself a power target then spec the engine for that. If your revving it to 8000 or more you will need a forged bottom end.

Kizza said:
im on a tight budget so I think forged internals would be out of my budget right now :-(

I would be over the moon with anything over 180bhp with a charger and standard internals, do you recon that's an achievable goal?

Yes thats definitely achievable. If using the standard bottom end id reccomend putting arp rod bolts in it and revving to around 7500rpm.
A good exhaust system with 4-2-1 manifold then your supercharger should see that sort of power with the correct pulley size (or boost pressure).
If it didnt make the power you wanted a set of racing puma cams would be worthwhile.

Ryan :)

Sounds like you have plenty to be getting on with at the minute lol

Thanks mate, i cant wait to get it finished and in the car

Out of interest are you doing a fibreglass bonnet?

madhillbilly17 said:
your braver than me,sounds like someone being grabbed by the nuts :-D

Haha yer its screaming for sure, i think trackdays are gonna have to be full noise from now on lol

For attention of the flying scotsman
Change of direction, is this manly enough for you, 450 at 8500rpm?? :)

IMAG0950_zps893ff6bb.jpg

IMAG0953_zps28ca5563.jpg

RyanG said:
For attention of the flying scotsman
Change of direction, is this manly enough for you, 450 at 8500rpm?? :)

IMAG0950_zps893ff6bb.jpg

IMAG0953_zps28ca5563.jpg

Who's is that engine? Bet that turbo won't spool until around 5k on a 1.7.

PumaNoob said:
No way are you going turbo!!! :lol:

Haha no i was only joking, it looks good though dont it :)

Id love to supercharge my engine after ive had enough of the atmo route

Sorry i have not updated in a while, it has now been on the dyno twice both times getting nearer to the power goal ill settle with, the second dyno session with the new revised exhaust cam with more lift, duration and area was where we were seeing real gains aswell as picking up power in different rev ranges with different trumpet lengths and cam timing.

The new inlet cam has now arrived which again is considerably bigger then the original, with this being the final internal component change i am hoping to reach my desired power goal and it will be ready for the car :) we have two more engines to dyno before mine can go back on but i will update with pics and videos then.

I can confirm that the engine also pulls really well from low down and holds withing 5bhp of peak power from 8000-9500rpm giving me an awesome power band, i absolutely cannot wait to put it in the frp :)

Latest posts

Back